Add signature line programmatically using Aspose.Word

Hi
I have been looking around the forum but couldnt see any related post. I wonder if we can use aspose.word to add an empty signature line (not a digital signature) to the end of document programmatically?
And can we also programmatically edit the “suggested signer”, “suggested signer’s title” and “suggested signer’s email address” in a signature line ?
Thanks

Hi Nhue,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, currently, there is no way to insert Signature Line into a document using Aspose.Words. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as this feature is supported. The features IDs are WORDSNET-656 and WORDSNET-2852. We apologize for your inconvenience.

In your case, I suggest please create a template document with Mail Merge fields and usesimple mail merge to achieve your requirements. I have created a sample document and attached with this post. The last section of document contains mail merge fields as signature. Please use the following code snippet to merge fields and protect last section of document which contains the signature fields. Hope this helps you.

Document doc = new Document(MyDir + "signature.docx");

doc.MailMerge.Execute(new string[]
    {
        "SignerName",
        "Title",
        "SignedBy"
    },
    new object[]
    {
        "Nhue",
        "Manager",
        "Nhue luong"
    });
// Section protection only works when document protection is turned and only editing in form fields is allowed.
doc.Protect(ProtectionType.AllowOnlyFormFields);
// By default, all sections are protected, but we can selectively turn protection off.
doc.LastSection.ProtectedForForms = false;
doc.Save(MyDir + "out.docx");

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-2852;WORDSNET-656) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(40)