Added slides are missing placeholders

Hi,

When I add slides to a PresentationEx object I’m getting slides with the correct layout but lacking the standard placeholders such as Title. Is there a way to add these?

I’ve created the following example to illustrate the issue:

License license = new License();
license.SetLicense(“Aspose.Total.lic”);

PresentationEx presentation = new PresentationEx();

foreach (LayoutSlideEx layout in presentation.LayoutSlides)
{
SlideEx slide = presentation.Slides[presentation.Slides.AddEmptySlide(layout)];

int shapeIndex = slide.Shapes.AddAutoShape(ShapeTypeEx.Rectangle, 0, 0, 500, 50);
((AutoShapeEx)slide.Shapes[shapeIndex]).AddTextFrame(layout.LayoutType.ToString());
}

presentation.Save(“D:\Test.pptx”, Aspose.Slides.Export.SaveFormat.Pptx);

return;

Hi
Alexander,

I regret to share that adding the placeholders in PPTX using Aspose.Slides for .NET is unavailable. However, Aspose.Slides for .NET has support for accessing the existing ones that are added via PowerPoint. You can add shapes as AutoshapeEx and can format the shape added to match the placeholder properties. Hope, it clears the concept to you.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

Thank you for your reply. Is there any information you can give me, if this will be supported in a future version? For your information, we are trying to create presentations that will be completed by users. Therefor for a good user experience it would be nice if it is supported.

Hi Alexander,

I have requested our development team to share the updates related to issue. An issue with ID SLIDESNET-33102 has already been created in our issue tracking system to provide this feature support. I doubt there are no near feature plans for implementing this feature, however, I will share the response of our development team over this feature with you once it is shared by them.

Many Thanks,