Adding new Connections not correct for circles

Hi, please, share your ideas about this problem: It seems like adding new Connections to circles instead of rectangles does not work.

I created a class with two methods to check if adding of Connections works, in the first method I copypasted an example from

(by using circles instead of rectangles) and the result was different than it is described on the website.

In the second method I added four different kinds of Connections to first circle and created 15 other circles, that should be connected to Connections of first circle with Connection indexes from 0 to 14. As result I could see only 8 Connections, and non of them was added by me.

In addition, I have to move some shapes in both results to fix Connectors lines.

Using Aspose Diagram for Java, 18.10.

Class, stencil and results:
ExampleProject.zip (40.7 KB)

@iteraplan

Thanks for contacting support.

We were able to replicate the issue in our environment and logged it in our issue tracking system under the ticket ID DIAGRAMJAVA-50639. We will definitely check this and keep you posted with the status of its correction. Please spare us little time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi, are there any updates yet?

@iteraplan

We would like to share with you that your issue is going to be resolved in Aspose.Diagram for Java 19.2. As soon as the new version is available for download, we will surely notify you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as DIAGRAMJAVA-50639) have been fixed in Aspose.Diagram for Java 19.2.

@asad.ali

Hello. After updating aspose diagram to version 19.2 I get after using
page.connectShapesViaConnector(…)
for curved connector such vsdx file: CurvedLines.zip (33.0 KB)

The problem is that although formally lines are curved (ConLineRouteExt of connector is equal to 2 ) they do not look like curved lines and their geometry are described with lineTo cells and not splines. Was it meant to be this way or I did something wrong?

The code snippet
connectorShape.setConnectorsType(ConnectorsTypeValue.CURVED_LINES);
connectorShape.getLayout().getConFixedCode().setValue(ConFixedCodeValue.REROUTE_FREELY);

was used before calling
page.connectShapesViaConnector(…)

Stencil is: hsdStencil.zip (19.5 KB)

What is interesting, as I used other stencil for connector otherStencil.zip (19.3 KB)
with the same code I have got this vsdx OtherStencilSameCode.zip (32.9 KB)

If needed, the code we use is hsd.zip (4.6 KB) For you the important part is createVisio(ctx) method in HSDDiagram.

@iteraplan

Thanks for sharing your feedback.

We have observed the issues in our environment using the code snippet which you have shared. The details of issue have been logged under the ticket ID DIAGRAMJAVA-50651 in our issue tracking system for further investigation. We will further investigate the issue in details and keep you posted in case of additional updates. Please spare us little time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.