Additional Suggestions for Aspose.Web.Excel

• It would be usefull if there was a Format property for each Cell, Column, and Row. I realize there is some formatting capability provided in the formula property, but this should really be it's own property, and you should be able to apply it for an entire column, row, or range of cells.
  • GRIDLINES! While it's true you can do this looping through the cells, it's a bit cumbersome and wastes CPU time applying this individually to each cell. An overall worksheet property for gridlines is needed.
  • I would like to be able to set the MaxCol and MaxRow on a worksheet by worksheet basis, not just for the workbook as a whole.
  • The ability to add client side events. I really need to be able to update totals and formatting in real time and not force a postback to perform this requirements.
  • Also, how is state being maintained in this control between form changes. Is it using session to do this? My project does not maintain its state via session and i would rather not have any part of it doing so.

Thanks!
Tim Trahan
Technical Lead
Operations Audit Team
Hilton Hotels Corp.

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your great suggestion.

About the gridline feature, we will make it within one week.
We will investigate these features and implement them in Aspose.Excel.Web. But I think it will take more time.

Now all state information are maintained in viewstate except the data in workbook. That’s huge and cannot be kept in viewstate.

So then, the worksheet data is stored in session then? I would like this to be optional, i.e., no state maintained on the worksheet between postbacks/page transfers. Our architecture does not rely on state management via session and I would like for this control not to use it. I will repopulate the state on post back myself.

Thanks,
Tim Trahan
Technical Lead
Operations Audit Team
Hilton Hotels Corp.

Hi Tim,
We will add a bool property in the next version to indicate whether to use session to save/load sheet data automatically. If you choose no, you have to manage the sheet data yourself.
Thank you for your suggestion, And we hope you could provide much advice.

Hi,
We have add an “EanbleSession” property to the control. If you set this property to false, you should load data from file in the control’s load event handler and save data to file in the OnAfterDataUpdated event handler.
Please wait for this new release.