ADVANCE field is removed when nested inside of IF field

Hi,

I’m trying to merge a template containing ADVANCE field inside of IF action. In my real example, IF definition is quite long and complicated, but I also managed to reproduce the issue with very simple example. Here it is:

{ IF “” = “” “{ADVANCE \r 300} Sample text”}

I’ve also attached my template, so you can try it yourself.

Am I doing something wrong? Is this some known issue? Can you suggest a workaround? Thanks.

Best regards,
Jelena

Hi Jelena,

Thanks for your inquiry. Could you please create your target Word document (in working form) containing the ADVANCE field inside IF field using Microsoft Word and attach it here for our reference? I will investigate the structure of your expected document on my side and provide you more information.

Best regards,

Hi, Awais,

Thanks for your reply.
I’ve attached a document which is formatted when I open it with plain Word, but all the formatting is lost after the mail merge is done by Aspose.

Best regards,
Jelena

Hi Jelena,

Thanks for the additional information. I have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same problem on my side. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem as WORDSNET-8229 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi, Awais,

Thanks for confirmation. And, that is what I was afraid of.

I analysed this issue, but I couldn’t understand where the problem lies. Do you have the better understanding of it?

I’m familiar with Aspose document tree, and used to manipulate it on a few occasions in order to avoid smaller bugs with Aspose. But, I do not see what goes wrong now.

Can you help me so I can change it manually? Is the bug on that level, at all? Do you think there is something I can do to make this work?

We really have a large number of templates using ADVANCE field like this. I would be more than happy if we can find some solution.

Best regards,
Jelena

Hi Jelena,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, your issue is not resolved yet. Currently, this issue is pending for analysis and is in the queue. Once your issue is analyzed and the root cause is determined, if possible, we will then supply you with a workaround. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-8229) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(2)