Advanced Print options for all file formats in Aspose.Total package

Hi,

We are evaluating aspose total and I was wondering if there is a way to provide more advanced printing options such as (for all formats):

• Color / Grayscale
  • Multiple pages per sheet
  • Orientation
  • Paper size
  • Enlarge/reduce
  • Brightness

And would one be able to establish how many pages were printed?

Regards,

Eben

Hi Eben,

Thanks for your interest in our products.

Can you please share some details regarding the document type which you are trying to print as it will help us in answering this query in more details.

Furthermore, I am a representative from Aspose.Pdf for .NET and this product provides the capability to Create PDF files from scratch, it also offers the feature to manipulate existing PDF documents and it also supports the requirement of printing PDF documents. Most of the features inquired above are supported by Aspose.Pdf for .NET. Please visit the following link for more information on Working with Printing (Facades)

Hi Nayyer,

Currently we would like to print the following file types:

• Text
  • Word (doc, docx)
  • Excel (xls, xlsx)
  • PowerPoint (ppt, pptx)
  • Images (jpg, gif, png, tbmp, tif)

If only the pdf print has the extended options it is quite ok if we first need to convert to a pdf stream and then manipulate to get the multiple pages per sheet followed by the print with options.

However, we do need to know how many pages were printed but I am going to venture a guess that the pdf component would be able to report the page count :slight_smile:

Regards,

Eben

Hi Eben,

Thanks for your query. I am representative of Aspose.Words. Please read following documentation links for your query. The answer of your query is well explain in following documentation articles.

How to Print a Document with Settings and Print Preview Dialog
How to Print a Document on a Server via the XpsPrint API
How to Print Multiple Pages on One Sheet
How to Save Document as a Multipage TIFF

Please let us know if you have any more queries.

ebenroux:
Currently we would like to print the following file types:

• Text
Hi Eben,

Thanks for sharing further details and sorry for replying you late.

In order to print a Text file, you may consider using either of the following approaches.
  1. Convert Text fie into PDF format using Aspose.Pdf for .NET and then try using the same product to print the PDF file. Please take a look over the link which I have shared earlier.
  2. Convert the file into Word document using Aspose.Words for .NET and then try printing the file using the same library. Please follow the instructions share by Tahir.
  • ebenroux:
    Word (doc, docx)
Tahir has already shared the information to print doc/docx files using Aspose.Words.
  • ebenroux:
    Excel (xls, xlsx)
In order to print Excel workbooks, please try using Aspose.Cells. Please visit the following link for further details on Printing Workbooks
  • ebenroux:
    PowerPoint (ppt, pptx)
In order to print PPT/PPTX presentations, please try using Aspose.Slides for .NET. Please visit the following links for further details on Printing a Presentation

• ebenroux:
    Images (jpg, gif, png, tbmp, tif)
In order to Print Image files, you may first convert them into PDF format and try printing them using Aspose.Pdf for .NET. Please visit the following link for further information on How to Convert an Image to PDF

ebenroux:
If only the pdf print has the extended options it is quite ok if we first need to convert to a pdf stream and then manipulate to get the multiple pages per sheet followed by the print with options.

Can you please share some further details regarding this requirement.

ebenroux:
However, we do need to know how many pages were printed but I am going to venture a guess that the pdf component would be able to report the page count :slight_smile:

I am afraid this feature is currently not supported. However for the sake of implementation, we already have logged this requirement as PDFNEWNET-34244 in our issue tracking system. The development team is looking into the details of this requirement and as soon as we have made some significant progress towards its implementation, we would be more than happy to update you with the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

ebenroux:
Hi,

We are evaluating aspose total and I was wondering if there is a way to provide more advanced printing options such as (for all formats):

• Color / Grayscale
  • Multiple pages per sheet
  • Orientation
  • Paper size
  • Enlarge/reduce
  • Brightness

And would one be able to establish how many pages were printed?

Regards,

Eben

Hi,

I am representative of Aspose.Cells support team. Aspose.Cells which is a part of Aspose.Total will help you to work with your Ms-Excel documents.

Please study the following documentation article for the answers of your questions.This document is designed to provide the developers with a detailed understanding on how to utilize different page setup and printing options.

Besides this, you should also see the following article. It introduces two important classes SheetRender and ImageOrPrintOptions that will help you control various print options too.

Hi Eben,

Thanks for your patience.

We have further investigated the requirement to control number of times a PDF can be printed and as per our observations, such type of restriction (control the number of times a PDF document can be printed) does not come under PDF specification. Also, the current available PDF printing software (from Adobe, etc), do not offer such kind of restrictions. So this restriction can not be embedded in PDF document but you can create your own PDF printing software that can control the number of times a PDF document can be printed. So I am afraid we cannot support this feature.

We are sorry for this inconvenience.

@ebenroux

You can now print PDF documents as grayscale using Aspose.PDF for .NET. Please use new property PdfViewer.PrintAsGrayscale:

Print PDF document as Grayscale

using (PdfViewer viewer = new PdfViewer())
{
string outputFile = @"c:\41686.out.xps";

viewer.OpenPdfFile(inputFile);
viewer.PrintPageDialog = false;
viewer.PrintAsGrayscale = true;

PrinterSettings ps = new PrinterSettings();
PageSettings pgs = new PageSettings();

ps.PrinterName = "Microsoft XPS Document Writer";
ps.PrintFileName = outputFile;
ps.PrintToFile = true;
pgs.PaperSize = new PaperSize("A4", 827, 1169);
ps.DefaultPageSettings.PaperSize = pgs.PaperSize;