Error: PowerPoint couldn’t read some content in Aspose.Slides clonned presentation (C# .NET)

Hi,

When the slides from this presentation are cloned, the new presentation causes errors in PowerPoint when the user clicks on the File menu: “PowerPoint couldn’t read some content in AsposeClone.pptx and removed it. Please check your presentation to see if the rest of it looks ok”

Here a download for sample app

After cloning depending on what version of office you have… for 2016 and 365, open the ppt file and you wont get any pop up’s at first. Then click on File on the top left corner and you’ll get the the ppt cannot read content error.

If you have office 2013 and below, you’ll get a ppt found a problem with content error immediately you open the file.

Thanks.

@ontraj,

I have observed the sample application shared by you and suggest you to please add following sample code in your application before cloning slides.

//newPresentation.SlideSize.SetSize(960.0f, 540.0f, SlideSizeScaleType.EnsureFit);
newPresentation.SlideSize.SetSize(presentation.SlideSize.Size.Width, presentation.SlideSize.Size.Height, SlideSizeScaleType.EnsureFit);

Hello Mudassir,

We have added the line and still get the same error in the cloned presentation

@ontraj,

I have attached the modified sample project as per previously suggested sample code. The output generated are fine. I suggest you to please please try using attache sample project.

AsposeSlidesSampleAppCloneSlides.zip (6.5 MB)

yes, the file opens up but when you click on the file tab, you’ll get the error

heres a screenshotforaspose.PNG (31.0 KB)

@ontraj,

I have worked with source files and sample code shared by you and have been able to observe the issue. A ticket with ID SLIDESNET-41085 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate issue in detail. This thread has been linked with issue so that you may be automatically notified once issue will be fixed.

Hello Adnan,

Just checking on the status of this issue. What does postponed mean?

@ontraj,

The status Postponed means that progress on issue has stopped for a while owing to internal limitations and dependencies or other more priority issues. I will share further feedback with you as soon as it will be updated in our issue tracking system.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-41085) have been fixed in this update.