Alias from emailaddress

Hello,

Is it possible to get the alias name from an emailaddress with the aspose component?
At the moment, I didn’t find a solution to do this…

Thx in advance for the answer.

Greetings

Hi Andy,

Thank you for writing to Aspose support team.

Could you please elaborate your requirements whether you are trying to get it through our Exchange Web Service or from a message file saved to disc? At present, the ContactItem contains one such field but I am afraid to share that I could not find any such example that can be helpful to you. We’ll look into it for further information and will share our findings in light of feedback shared by you.

Hello,

Thank you for the response.
It is from local files. Not from the webservice.
We have a mailbox to read out tickets for a helpdesk system. This mailbox has more then 1 alias to make the difference for which helpdesk of a software product it is.
I try to get the alias from this object MailMessage.To[index].Address.

Thanks in advance.

Greetings

Hi Andy,

I have tested the scenario using a sample email account having alias as well. From another account emails are sent to this sample account such that one email is sent to primary email address and other email is sent to the alias email address.

On the receiving end, when this mail is fetched from server, the TO field contains the email address which was set by sender. Hence if sender set primary email address in email, then TO field contains the primary email address, otherwise if sender set the alias email address, same is present there in TO field.

In this way you may differentiate the helpdesk emails based upon the TO field.

Please feel free to write us back if you have any other query in this regard.