All Text language marks converted to US English in 2.8.2 PPT

Just a small observation: We clone slides from a template which has all Text marked as German. Opening the generated file has all text (except a few Masters apparently) marked as US English. Since I can’t find any part of the API to change this, I assume it is implicit. Is there a way to preserve the langauge setting?

I can provide example code, but it is so trivial, I don’t think it is needed :wink:

Hi Robert,

I have tried to understand the issue shared by you and have not been able to completely understand the issue shared. I will really appreciate if you may share the sample data as before for better understanding the issue. Moreover, I also like to share the there is unfortunately no option available for setting the language for presentation in Aspose.Slides.

Many Thanks,

I’ve added reproduction code, etc.

Hi Robert,

I have observed the issue shared by you. Actually, Aspose.Slides does support multi-language as it stores every text in Unicode. So, you get the English as language when you changed the text of paragraph as it is default language. But, you may still get the text of other languages that can be written in left to right direction as every text is stored in Unicode using Aspose.Slides. Hope, it answers the query.

Many Thanks,

Sorry, our customer is complaining that their template (which marks all text as german) is marked as english after parsing. I have to agree that I expect that language marking (however it is stored in the binary) to be kept on cloning.

Hi Robert,

I have created an issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-33265 as investigation in our issue tracking system to receive further response from our development team to identify whether it is normal behaviour of Aspose.Slides or is some issue. I will share the further response with you as soon as it will be shared by our development team.

Many Thanks,

Hi, “Fixed” seems to imply that the issue has been found and corrected. According to the release-notes the fix has not yet been included in any of the post-2.8.2 releases (unless it is summed up under one of the “multiple” entries? I will try updating to 2.9.2 later this week anyway, because of other solved issues). I need the fix urgently, is there any chance for it this week?

Thanks,
Robert Kosten

Hi Robert,

I regret to share that issue has not been resolved in Aspose.Slides for Java 2.9.2. However, this issue has been found resolved in Aspose.Slides for .NET 6.1.0. Presently, we are working on auto porting Aspose.Slides for .NET features to Aspose.Slides for Java and first auto ported release will be available by end of May 2012. Since, issue is resolved in Aspose.Slides for .NET so it will be automatically be ported in Aspose.Slides for Java.

Many Thanks,

Hi,

That is very regrettable… I’ll see what I can do to make our customer understand the delay :frowning:

Yours,
Robert Kosten

Hi Robert,

I am sorry for your inconvenience. But this is some technical compulsion on our end. We are working over the new release of Aspose.Slides for Java 3.0.0 and auto porting Aspose.Slides for .NET features in it. I will be more than happy to share the news with you once the issue will be fixed.

Many Thanks,

Hi,

any news on when this bug will finally be fixed? The issue is getting more urgent every day as our customer is understandably very upset by now. It is decidedly not an “inconvenience”, but a very real problem.

Your,
Robert Kosten

Hi Robert,

I regret to share that the release of auto ported version of Aspose.Slides for Java 3.0.0 has been delayed due to some technical issues on our end. We are striving hard on our end to make it happen as soon as possible. The new ETA for the first auto ported version of Aspose.Slides for Java 3.0.0 has been set by end of August 2012. We really feel the inconvenience on your end but assure you that we are working hard to make it happen.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Version 3.0 has not yet appeared in the download area.
Could you please give an update on your release schedule. We need to fix this problem with non-english texts.

Hi Robert,

I have discussed the issue in detail with our development team and like to share that the Aspose.Slides for Java 3.0.0 is ready but there are some technical requirements that we are completing and still rigorously working upon. We will be able to hopefully share the product release in coming couple of weeks or even before this. We will share the notification with you as soon as release will be available and will appreciate your patience till the requested time.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,
can you update me on the release status please. Our customer is getting really annoyed, and we need to solve the translation problem very soon.

Update: I just noticed that version 3 is already available in the download area.

Hi Rpobert,

I have worked with your code snippet using Aspose.Slides for Java 3.0.0 and have shared the generated presentation for your kind reference. Can you please try using Aspose.Slides for Java 3.0.0 on your end and kindly share your feedback in this regard.

Many Thanks,

Hello Mudassir,

I am afraid the problem persists. In the mantis33660_output.ppt you posted the language is again set to US english.

I have also upgraded our application to Aspose.slides 3.0 and run some tests. Same result there: the template I start with has all texts marked as german, but in the output the language is changed to english. Which means that Powerpoint will mark almost every word as incorrectly spelled.

Please advise how we should proceed.

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your feedback. I have also been able to observe the issue during my investigation and that is why I shared that generated presentation with you so that you may verify the presentation on your end as I thought the installed German language may be one requirement for this. I have shared the feedback with our development team and will be able to share the information with you once our development team will revisit the issue.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hi Mudassir,
are there any news from your development team concerning the language problem?
Is there any possibility that the problem can be fixed within the next two weeks?

Hi Robert,

I have discussed the issue status with our development team and they are currently working over the issue shared. We are hopeful that issue may be resolved before coming release of Aspose.Slides for Java. Otherwise, it would be included in next release of Aspose.Slides for Java if the issue takes some extra time for resolution.

Many Thanks,