All Text language marks converted to US English in 2.8.2 PPT

Hi Mudassir,

are you still working on this problem? What exactly did you mean with “next release of Apose.Slides”? The latest release (6.7.1) still contains the problem.

Hi Robert,

I regret to share that the issue shared has not yet been resolved as it is blocked due to some internal issues. Our development team is working over the issues blocking the mentioned issue and I will share the further information with you as soon as soon as the issue will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hi Zoran,

Thank you for your post my name is Simon Bell and I am a member of the Business team here at Aspose.

I understand you have been working with my colleague in Sale Europe regarding your outstanding issue above. I wanted to let you know that I have contacted our development/support to immediately review this issue and provide me with an update.

I understand it can be frustrating waiting for a fix but sometimes issues can be complex and we need to allow the development and support team time to completely analyse your issues and work towards delivering a reliable fix for your issue.

I would be grateful if you could allow me some time to work with the teams and provide you with some feedback on your issue.

Thanks in advance.
Simon

Hi,

I like to share that the issue shared by you has been resolved in hotfix release Aspose.Slides for Java 7.1.1. After investigating the presentation file shared by you, it has been observed that your source presentation has global presentation language set as German. When you create an empty presentation instance, its default language in English US. So, when you clone the slide from source to target presentation, the default English US is selected.

Now, there are two possible solutions that you can adopt at the moment. First is to apply the language setting on particular shape level rather than on presentation level as given in the source presentation attached in mantis33660_New.zip. With this being done, whenever you will clone the slide to target presentation, its language setting will remain preserved. The sample presentation, output presentation and modified code sample is attached in mantis33660_New.zip.

Since the language is set in your source presentation on presentation level, the second solution is to use the same source presentation as template and delete all the source slides in it. Then clone the presentation. The following sample code will serve the purpose in this regard.

Presentation p1 = new Presentation(“D:/mantis33660.ppt”);

// use the same presentation or template presentation with needed default language
Presentation p2 = new Presentation(“D:/mantis33660.ppt”);
while (p2.getSlides().getCount() > 0) p2.getSlides().removeAt(0);

SortedList idList = new SortedList();
Slide s = p1.cloneSlide(p1.getSlideByPosition(1), 2, p2, idList);

com.aspose.slides.TextFrame tf = s.getShapes().get_Item(0).getTextFrame();
com.aspose.slides.Portion pt = tf.getParagraphs().get_Item(0).getPortions().get_Item(0);
String text = pt.getText().replace(“${platzhalter}”, “Beispiel”);
pt.setText(text);
p2.save(“D:/mantis33660_out.ppt”, SaveFormat.Ppt);

I also like to add that we have created an issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-33278 to provide the option for setting the language on presentation shape levels or globally on presentation level.

Please share, if I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,

Hello Mudassir,
I tried both workarounds you described. The first one did not work, even with the 7.1.1 hotfix. In the template presentation I set the language of each text frame to German. However, in the output file, the language is still English. Also, I cannot use 7.1.1 in production since our license is not valid for this version. The latest version I can use is 6.9.1.

The second method seems to work better, the texts now retain their language setting. Unfortunately, if I put an english Text in my template, it gets changed to german, too. While this is not an immediate problem for our current application it may become important in other projects.

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your feedback. For workaround 1, did you manage to use and verify the sample presentation shared by me. In the shared sample, I set the language of one shape to English and other to German. Things seems to remain preserved in cloned presentation. Can you please verify the same on your end by using my presentation and share your feedback.

For renewal of your subscription, I may request you to please consult our sales team in this regard to use the latest hotfix version shared with you.

Many Thanks,

Hello Mudassir,
I tried workaround 1 again (using Aspose.slides 7.1.1 in evaluation mode) and now it worked, too.

Hi Robert,

That is really wonderful. Please share, if I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by MuzammilKhan