Allow to specify version of PDF to 1.3 using .NET

On the statement:

doc.Save("c:\results\FinishedDocument.PDF", SaveFormat.Pdf);

is there a way to specify that the output should be PDF version 1.3. Aspose.Words is creating a version 1.5 document which is unreadable by other programs we are using to manipulate the resulting PDF file.
Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks for your query. Unfortunately, the requested feature is not supported at the moment. However, I have logged this feature as WORDSNET-6765 in our issue tracking system. I have linked this forum thread to the same feature and you will be notified via this forum thread once this feature is available.

Please read following forum links for your kind reference.

https://forum.aspose.com/t/93617

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi,
Thanks for your inquiry. I’m afraid the feature ( WORDSNET-6765 ), you have requested here, has now been postponed till a later date. We will inform you as soon as there are any further developments. Sorry for the inconvenience.
In the mean time, while you’re waiting for the fix, you can use Aspose.Pdf component to be able to perform this conversion. Please see the following code snippet:

// open document
Document pdfDocument = new Document("d:/pdftest/test2.pdf");
// create conversion log file
pdfDocument.Convert("D:/pdftest/ConversionLog.txt", PdfFormat.v_1_3, ConvertErrorAction.Delete);
// save the updated document
pdfDocument.Save("d:/pdftest/Converted_Document.pdf");

@sfritsche
It is to inform you that we have closed the issue (WORDSNET-6765) with “Won’t Fix” resolution.