AlternativeText property of a pptx file broken in version 7

Dear support team,

we use Aspose.Total for years now. Recently we updated from Aspose.Slides version 5.8.0.0 to version 7.2.0.0

the following Line of code now returns empty string instead of the alternative text for a shape in excel.

var altTextIdentifier = oleObjectFrameEx.AlternativeText;

Then we did go back to older versions of Aspose.Slides.dll and found out that the last version we could find on the Aspose website which gives the correct AlternativeText value is version 6.4.0.0.

So somewhen after 6.4.0.0 you may have broken the feature to get the alternative text of a grafik-shape out of a pptx file.

Here you find an example of such a text string “{#Grafik_Zinsentwicklung_10J#}” it starts and ends with brackets.

We use for now version 6.4.0.0 which is still working, but we would certainly like to update in futur. So please could you have a look on your side into the matter. Thank you.

with kind regards

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your inquiring Aspose.Slides.

I have observed the issue highlighted by you and created a sample application that I have tested using Aspose.Slides for .NET 7.3.1. I have not been able to observe any issue. For your convenience, I have attached the sample presentation and code snippet used to verify the issue.

public static void TestOleAlternativeText()
{
PresentationEx pres = new PresentationEx(“D:\Aspose Data\TestOle.pptx”);

SlideEx slide = pres.Slides[0];

OleObjectFrameEx ole = (OleObjectFrameEx)slide.Shapes[0];

String ole_AlternativeText = ole.AlternativeText;

}

Many Thanks,