"Unknown style type." when opening document

Hi,

Im trying to open a specific document using Aspose.Words, but I’m getting the following exception:
"The document appears to be corrupted and cannot be loaded."
The inner exception is "Unknown style type."

It is possible to view the document in MS Word.
When I open the document in MS Word and run the Compatibility Check it says: "Word cannot find the linked template"

Is it possible to prevent Aspose.Words from crashing and just using a default template instead?

Attached is the document. It’s from one of our customers, so I’ve replaced the text with x-es

Sincerely,

Geert-Jan Smulders

Hi
Geert,

Thanks for your inquiry.

While using the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. 10.8.0, I managed to reproduce this exception on my side. I have logged this issue in our bug tracking system. Your request has also been linked to the appropriate issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved. Sorry for inconvenience.

Optionally, as a temporary work around, I would suggest you open and save this DOC file using MS WORD to DOC (97~2003) format. Then please try loading this DOC file using Aspose.Words for further document processing tasks. I hope, this will help.

Best Regards,

Hi Awais,

Thank you for your swift reply.
I will await the bugfix and communicate the workaround to our customer.

Sincerely,

Geert-Jan Smulders

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry. Sure, we will keep you informed regarding the status of this issue and let you know once it is resolved.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-5728) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-5728) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(1)

Hi,

The issue has indeed been resolved.
Thank your for your service.

Sincerely,

Geert-Jan

Hi Geert-Jan,

It’s great that everything is working for you now. Please feel free to ask any time you require any assistance

Thanks,