Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Anchor tag with name="_GoBack"

When converting a .docx file to HTML, I receive an anchor tag with the name attribute set to “_GoBack”. Is there a simple setting in Aspose to restrict this from being output to HTML?

Example:

The issue I have is that I use an HTML text editor plugin to display the newly rendered HTML, and the above tag displays an unwanted anchor image. I could simply remove the tag after receiving the Aspose conversion, but I’d prefer to stop it at the source.

Thanks,
Troy
Hi Troy,

Thank you very much for your inquiry.

I am not able to reproduce the reported issue on my end using the latest version of Aspose.Words for Java v13.1 and Microsoft Word 2007 document. On the other hand, a .docx file when created using Microsoft Word 2013, Microsoft Word puts a hidden bookmark () in the document and when the conversion is performed using Aspose.Words the hidden bookmark is converted normally to what seems to be an unwanted anchor tag in HTML text editor. If you just create a .docx file using Aspose.Words, it will not contain the tag with attribute name _GoBack. Here is the code to check that:

DocumentBuilder builder = new DocumentBuilder();
builder.writeln("This is a test string");
builder.getDocument().save("TEST_HTML.html", SaveFormat.HTML);

Can you please share following information here with us:

• Version of Microsoft Word used
  • Sample Word document
  • Version of Aspose.Words for Java used
  • Sample code to reproduce the issue.

It will surely help us further investigate the issue and report it in a better way. We apologize for the inconvenience.