Android Compatibility for PDf?

Can the aspose Java libs be compiled on android? I'm looking to embed a pdf reader inside of a application.
This message was posted using Aspose.Live 2 Forum

Hi,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

We are working over this query and will get back to you soon. We apologize for the delay and inconvenience.

Hi,

Thanks for your patience.

I have tested the product in details and as per my observations, Aspose.Pdf for Java is not working with Android SDK Platform 2.2, API 8, revision 2. For further investigation, I have logged this problem as PDFJAVA-25611 in our issue tracking system. We will look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi,

I am from Aspose.Cells for JAVA team.

We recommend you to kindly read the article regarding Using Aspose.XXX for Java over Android OS
Please study it and let me know if it is helpful to you.

In the meanwhile we will try to simulate the environment and thoroughly test Aspose.Cells for JAVA. One thing is sure if you only use our component (Aspose.Cells for Java) to open/save Excel files and get/set cell values etc., it should work fine without any issue. But we think when you do the tasks, such as, exporting images, auto-fitting rows/columns etc., the Swing/Awt libraries might be needed for it. Anyways, a ticket is logged with an id: CELLSJAVA-40296 for it. We will look into it soon. I have linked your request to the appropriate issue (CELLSJAVA-40296) in our bug tracking system. We will let you know once it is done.

Thank you.
Hi,

Thank you for your inquiry and sorry for the delayed response. I am representative of Aspose.Words team.

Unfortunately, I am afraid you cannot use the current version of Aspose.Words for Java on Android platform. This is because Aspose.Words for Java depends on java.awt to work with 2D graphics; but Android does not include java.awt.

However, there are good news too i.e. in one of future version, we plan to get rid of using java.awt is Aspose.Words for Java library. After this you will be able to use Aspose.Words on Android platform too. I have linked your request to the appropriate issue (WORDSJAVA-16) in our bug tracking system. We will let you know once it is supported.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSJAVA-16) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(6)