Android Slides: Save as PDF

Dear Aspose,

The Android Slides API documentation specifies save as PDF capability, but that capability does not appear to be functional.

What is the schedule for supporting save as PDF? Are other save formats supported?

Thanks,
-John

Hi John,

I have observed your requirement and regret to share that at present the support for exporting presentation to PDF or slide images is unavailable in Aspose.Slides for Android. An issue with ID SLIDESANDROID-18 has already been added in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be fixed.

For the time being, I suggest you to use Aspose.Cloud API that provides better support for working with presentation decks using cloud platform.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Dear Aspose,

I’m following up on the ability to save to PDF via Android Slides. It has been nearly 6 months since the issue was raised; has the issue been resolved? Using the cloud API is not an option. We are paying a license fee for Android Slides and the API states that save to PDF is an option. Please advise or refund.

Thanks,
-John

Hi John,

I regret to share that at present the rendering support is unavailable in Aspose.Slides for Android. This support is likely to be included during next year. For this reason, I offered you to try using Aspose.Slides for Cloud platform to serve the needs on your end.

Dear Aspose,

It has now been ~18 months since the issue was opened; what is the current status? Can ppt/pptx files be saved to an image format rather than PDF?

-John

@johnkaye,

I regret to share that at present the support for rendering to PDF and Images is still missing in Aspose.Slides for Android. We will share the good news with you as soon as the support will be available.

Mudassir Fayyaz

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESANDROID-18) have been fixed in this update.