Annotations are deleted during PDF/A conversion

Hi,

we're using Aspose.PDF [.NET] to convert different kind of files to PDF/A.

Currently we're upgrading from Aspose.PDF v.9.8.0.0 to v.10.4.0.0. Thereby we've noticed a different behavior when converting annotated PDF files (StampAnnotation and HighlightAnnotation) to PDF/A-3B.

v.9.8.0.0

• The output log shows a violation of clause 6.5.3 for the HighlightAnnotations
  • The output log don't contains any violation errors for the StampAnnotations
  • However, HightlightAnnotations and StampAnnotations remain in the PDF/A file

v.10.4.0.0
  • The output log shows a violation of clause 6.5.2 for HighlightAnnotations and StampAnnotations
  • HighlightAnnotations and StampAnnotations are deleted in the PDF/A file

We're using your sample code from Convert PDF File To PDF/A with the option "ConvertErrorAction.Delete".

I can't find information in the PDF/A standard documentation that annotations are prohibited. Also Adobe Preflight and the 4Heights PDF/A validator don't show any violations for annotations.

Is there a reason why Aspose deletes annotations during the conversion to PDF/A?
Could you provide us a solution for the problem? We need the annotations in the PDF/A document.

I've attached a sample PDF 1.7 document that I converted to PDF/A with v.9.8.0.0 and v.10.4.0.0. I've also attached the output logs of both conversions.

Best regards,

Julian

Hi Julian,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have managed to notice your reported issue and I have logged an issue in our issue tracking system as PDFNEWNET-38909 for further investigation and resolution. We will keep you updated via this thread regarding the issue status.

Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance.

<span style=“font-size:10.0pt;font-family:“Arial”,“sans-serif”;mso-fareast-font-family:
Calibri;color:#333333;mso-ansi-language:EN-US;mso-fareast-language:EN-US;
mso-bidi-language:AR-SA”>Best Regards

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-38909) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 11.1.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.