We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Another formatting issues in Conversion from Word to Pdf

version: Aspose.pdf 3.7.0.0

The following are the issues we have come across when converting MS Word document to PDF in our production system.

Issue 1 Checkbox is not shown in PDF

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

There are several checkboxes in the document. Depending on the requirement, some of them are checked and others are not. After the doc is converted, the checked boxes are replaced with Ts and unchecked boxes are £s.

Issue 2 Missing page

One document has three pages and all contents are organised into tables. After the doc is converted, the content on the 2nd page is missing and the header of it (that is the first table row on the 2nd page) is showing on the top of the 3rd page.

Please help.

Hi,

Please provide the Word document and let us check it.

Hello Lewis,

I have tested the issue using latest version of Aspose.Words v5.2.2.0 & Aspose.Pdf v3.8.0.0 and I am unable to reproduce the problem. The Pdf that I have generated is in attachment, please take a review. In case of any further issue, feel free to share.

What is your testing environment? Our production server is Win Server 2003 Std SP2 without MS Office installed.

Hello Lewis,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I have tested the issue over Windows XP Professional Edition SP2, and I know its supported over Windows Server 2003, and there is any need to install MS word.

Can you please again check the version of components you are using.

Regarding your question in email, you have shared the file over email id, no once else can see the file over forum.
FYI : you can also share the file over forum and mark the thread as private so that no once else other than Aspose staff can see the attachment.

The version is 3.7.0.0 (Aspose.pdf)

there is any need to install MS word

Does this mean I need to install MS word? If this is the case, what version do I need to install?

Hello Lewis,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Sorry for my mistake. I meant to say "there is no need to install MS word".

Please try the latest version of Aspose.Pdf 3.8.0.0, you can download it from http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/file-format-components/aspose.pdf/default.aspx

Also use the latest version of Aspose.Words 5.2.2.0, you can download it from http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/file-format-components/aspose.words/default.aspx

Incase the issue still persists, feel free to share.

Hi codewarior ,

Thank for your reply.

After upgrading to the lastest version of Aspose.Pdf and Aspose.Word, I managed to solve the missing page problem. But I am still getting the format problem (Ts and pound signs instead of checked and unchecked boxes). Here is what I did.

On the DEV machine, I installed MS Office 2003 and ran the testing app. The format is fine.

Once I ran the app on PROD machine which has got no Office installed, the format looks funny, checkboxes are replaced by Ts and pound signs.

To conclude, there must be libraries used by Aspose.Pdf/Aspose.Word to convert checkboxes. Would you be able to tell me what they are? Obviously I can't install Office 2003 onto the PROD machine, it would be too expensive.

Best Regards

Lewis

Hi Lewis,

I think this problem has nothing to do with MS Office. Note that the font for the check box is "Wingdings 2". Please make sure this font is installed correctly on your PROD machine.

After upgrading to the latest version of Aspose.Pdf/Aspose.Word, the missing page problem has gone. Now I am still getting the format problem.

I copied Wingdings 2 to windows font folder and wrote an Win Form testing app, ran it. I was fine. But when I tried the web app, the problem is back. Have you got any idea about this?

Cheers Lewis

Dear Lewis,

Since this problem only occurs for Web project, I guess it is related to security. There is some P/Invoke in Aspose.Pdf which might be not allowed in your web server. Please try adding the following line before the Save method:

pdf.SetUnicode();

If it still won't work, please make sure the web project has the permission to access the font files.

We are also experiencing the same problem. We installed the wingdng2 font on the server and tried the line of code, but we are still having problems. What account needs read permissions on the font directory? We are running a asp.net 2.0 application. This is becoming urgent.

Hi,

Sorry we are not familiar with server security setting. Since the Aspose.Pdf component is inside your asp.net 2.0 application, please ask your webmaster to set permission for the asp.net 2.0 application.

We verified that the ASPNET account already had access to the Fonts directory. We are still having the problem. Any other suggestions? We are within days of releasing to production and we cannot release the application with this problem.

Hi,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Information related to all the fonts installed over a system is present in "Aspose.Pdf.TruetypeFontMap.xml" file. After the new fonts are installed, the information needs to be updated. For the sake of correction, first please, locate the file and delete it and then execute the project. Hopefully it will resolve the problem,

Incase the issue still persists, feel free to share.

This corrected our problem. Thanks for your help in this matter.