Ansi Pound sign SpreadsheatML conversion issue

Hi

I am generating an SpreadsheetML XML file which is Ansi encoded and converting it to PDF and XLSX using aspose.cells version 8.2.0.1.
Works great except for the pound sign.

What I found was that Aspose does not convert the Ansi version of the pound sign correctly. I only get a questionmark.
But converting unicode version works perfecly fine.

In the xml I need to specify the encoding for excel to read it correctly, but looks like Aspose ignore this. I am using <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>

Is it possible for Aspose to convert Ansi characters correctly using SpreadsheetML?
Is there a way I can tell Aspose to use Ansi encoding instead of Unicode?

I have attached the xml document that is not converting correctly, but is displaying in Excel correctly.

Unfortunately converting the xml to Unicode is not possible.
Thanks

Hi Mauritz,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We were able to observe this issue after converting your SpreadsheetML into XLSX format with the latest version: Aspose.Cells
for .NET v8.3.1.3
using the following code. The Pound sign is not converted properly however Microsoft Excel shows the original SpreadsheetML file fine.

We have logged this issue in our database for investigation. We will look into it and fix this issue. Once, the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as

• CELLSNET-43265 - Ansi Pound sign SpreadsheatML conversion issue

I have also attached the output Excel file and screenshot showing this issue for a reference.

C#

string filePath = @“F:\Shak-Data-RW\Downloads\Ansi.xml”;

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(filePath);

workbook.Save(filePath + “.out.xlsx”);

Hi Shakeel

Thanks for the quick reply.

Hi,

Thanks for your using Aspose.Cells.

Please download and try the latest fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.3.1.4 and let us know your feedback.

The fix worked for me. Thanks.

Hi Mauritz,

Thanks for your feedback and using Aspose.Cells.

It is good to know that your issue is resolved with the latest fix. Let us know if you encounter any other issue, we will be glad to look into it and help you further.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-43265) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.