Any changes to Range.UpdateFields() coming?

Hi guys –

I’m doing a mail merge ExecuteWithRegions into a table in a Word template. In the table, I have a cell in the last row of the output table that contains a Formula Field with a formula of =SUM(ABOVE).

The mail merge works great. However, even with the Range.UpdateFields() method, I can’t get the formula field to re-compute. (I see in the documentation that only a few fields/properties are supported at this time.)

Can you give me any update as to whether Aspose.Words will eventually be able to re-compute these kind of formula fields?

At this point, the work around is to have my users manually select all, then hit F9. Alternatively, they can set an option on the Tools >> Options menu.

Obviously, it would be ideal if Aspose.Words could just compute those values.

Thanks much!

Michael

Dear Michael,
All I can say at the moment is that you will get this feature somewhere in 2007. Probably we’ll be working on it immediately after the document renderer is completed, but this is just a guess-work. I hope you understand us and thank you for that.

Hi Dmitry–

Just checking on the status of any updates to Range.UpdateFields().

It’s still very high on my wish list of future enhancements to Aspose.Words!

Hi,
Sorry, no news here yet. Still to be implemented. Thank you for understanding.

+1 Vote for getting better support for this, we could really use all of the core document properties, custom properties, and page numbers to be automatically updated.

Also, what’s the Tools/Options option that allows other things to be automatically updated? I know there’s one for printing, but is there one for opening? Does it stick with the document, or is it computer/user based?

Hi
Thank you for your interest in Aspose products. Unfortunately, It seems that there is no property to automatically update fields during opening. To update all fields in document you should press F9.
Best regards.