Anyone using it at this scale?

Hi,

I’m looking for a testimonial on the aspose.word product. It seems to offer the features we want but we really want to hit it hard - that is, to generate 8,000 merged documents an hour, every hour ad-infinitum.

If you can offer any opinion or advice on the product in this regard (or any other you feel relevant), please email me at Darren.Parker@PlanTech.com.au or leave a message on the forum.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Darren

Hi Darren,

Thank you for your interest in Aspose.Word.

How complex is the document you want to produce? I mean how many pages, what is the file size approximately? We can setup a test just for this scenario and report findings here.

Thanks Roman,

Would it help if we gave you the actual Word document and some test data? Then you could test the actual scenario.

Regards,

Darren

Yes, please email to word@aspose.com. We are keen to keep performance of our components up.

Thanks Roman,

Will do - give me a day or so to get the document, test data and instructions together and I’ll pass it on as suggested.

Regards,

Darren

Hi Darren,

I’ve run this test on a P4, 2.4Ghz, 512Mb RAM machine.

The document is 80 pages long, 630Kb disk file, contains about 150 merge fields, some pictures, drawing shapes and tables.

It takes only 241 seconds to generate 1000 documents. So you can expect 15K documents per hour under these conditions.

Memory usage floats around 40-50Mb (20Mb of which can be attributed to NUnit shell).

//Open the document only once and clone it for each mail merge.
Document srcDoc = TestUtil.Open(@“DarrenP\Statement.doc”);
for (int i = 0; i < 1000; i++)
{
Document dstDoc = srcDoc.Clone();
dstDoc.MailMerge.Execute(table);
dstDoc.Save(@“X:\Aspose\Aspose.Word\Aspose.Word.Test\Testing\DarrenP\Statement.doc”);
}

I’ll email your full test source code so you can reproduce it at your side if needed.

Thanks Roman,

Great results and thanks for getting this done so quickly.

We’re really impressed.

Regards,

Darren