Apose.Slides in Visual Studio 2010 Reporting Services Projects

Can the latest version of Aspose Slides 4.2.0.0. be integrated into the design environment of Visual Studio 2010? When I try the manual install way, it shows an error when trying to preview the report?

Hi Bev,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

I have observed the issue shared by you. Can you please share the details about your environment and Visual Studio. Please also share the complete error details for reference. I also like to share that we have support for ReportViewer 2010 in Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services. Please visit this link for your kind reference.

Many Thanks,

Thanks for the reply. We are evaluating Aspose Slides and use the SQL Business Intelligence Dev Studio which launches VS2010. I then create an RS project, design my report and preview the results. At this point we would like to evaluate Apose. However, if I use the msi install it does not appear on my export list. If I try the manual install, It generates an error. Looking at your documentation though you only reference the 2005 and 2008 VS versions or 8 and 9, not 10. On the off chance it would work I added the required lines to the files RSReportDesigner and RSPreviewPolicy but no success I get a Public Key error when you try preview. I have looked at your recommended article. Where would I insert this code? if I wish to view the report in the design environment and export from their

Many thanks

Hi Bev,

Thank your for sharing the information. I feel that the support is unavailable presently for Visual Studio 2010 Business Intelligence Studio. An issue with ID SLIDESREP-33191 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the response will be shared by our development team.

Many Thanks,
Hi Bev.
To enable export with Aspose.Slides in SSDT (SQL Server Data Tools which replaces BIDS) besides updating RSReportDesigner and RSPreviewPolicy you have to edit PreviewProcessingService.exe.config by adding this text:
<dependentAssembly> <assemblyIdentity name="Microsoft.ReportingServices.ProcessingCore" publicKeyToken="89845dcd8080cc91" culture="neutral"/> <bindingRedirect oldVersion="10.0.0.0" newVersion="11.0.0.0"/> </dependentAssembly>

<dependentAssembly> <assemblyIdentity name="Microsoft.ReportingServices.Interfaces" publicKeyToken="89845dcd8080cc91" culture="neutral"/> <bindingRedirect oldVersion="10.0.0.0" newVersion="11.0.0.0"/> </dependentAssembly>

to tag.

We are going to update installer is in next release of Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services.
Regards.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESREP-33191) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Thanks, I have tried the msi, but during installation it complains that it cannot find a 2008 or 2005 instance of SQL. I run 2008 R2. I then downloaded the zip, and extracted the dll, I have manually added the lines to the

PreviewProcessingServiceConfig, RSPreviewPolicy and the RSReport designer, but get the following error in the dev studio (attached)

Do I have the wrong Public Key info for the RSFiles?

Thanks

Hi Bev,

I have observed the issue shared by you. I feel you may be using the wrong version of dll. Please use dll shared in \Bin\Universal directory of zipped version of Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services 4.3.0. Please also share the complete platform information with us along with SQL Server 2008 version as according to my knowledge Visual Studio 2010 Business Intelligence Studio is shipped with SQL Server 2012.

Many Thanks,

I know this is an old post but I had the same problem as mentioned by Bev. The proposed solution is only part correct. The dependentAssembly text should be added to the tag within . Full text below.

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<?xml version="1.0"?>

Hi Andre,

Thank you for your suggestion. Is there any thing else that I may help you with. Please feel free to share with us if there is any issue incurring on your end.

Many Thanks,