Aspose.Words MailMerge adding extra page breaks with Directory document type

I created a Mail Merge document in Word 2007 by going to Mailings, Start Mail Merge, and then selecting Directory. If I use that document for a mail merge using Word 2007, all of the records are listed on a single page. If I use MailMerge.Execute, each record is listed on a separate page. If it makes any difference, the merge document has multiple columns.

Hi
Thanks for your request. I think that you can solve this problem by setting section start to Continuous (File/Page setup / Layout tab / select Section start). Also see the following link to learn how to control new pages during mail merge.
https://docs.aspose.com/words/net/mail-merge-and-reporting/
Also you can attach your template document for testing.
Best regards.

Here is the template document.
I tried adding a continuous section break, but that resulted in a continuous section break and then a page section break after each record.
I noticed that the link that you posted in your reply mentions the ExecuteWithRegions method instead of the Execute method. I’m using the latter. Would that make a difference?

Hi
Thanks for your request. I think that in this case you should use mail merge with region. I modified your template (see the attachment). And here is sample code:

// Prepare datasource
DataTable myTable = new DataTable("myTable");
myTable.Columns.Add("Name");
myTable.Columns.Add("OrgName");
myTable.Columns.Add("AddressLine1");
myTable.Columns.Add("AddressLine2");
myTable.Columns.Add("City");
myTable.Columns.Add("StateProvinceAbbreviation");
myTable.Columns.Add("PostalCode");
myTable.Columns.Add("Country");
myTable.Columns.Add("PhoneNumber");
myTable.Columns.Add("EmailAddress");
// Add some data
for (int i = 0; i < 20; i++)
{
    myTable.Rows.Add(new object[] { "Alexey", "Noskov", "my address", "my address 2", "Auckland", "NZ", "61202", "New Zeland", "1231313", "email.address@domain.com" });
}
// Open template
Document doc = new Document(@"Test243\Person+directory+(2007).docx");
// Execute mail merge
doc.MailMerge.ExecuteWithRegions(myTable);
// Save result
doc.Save(@"Test243\out.doc");

Hope this helps.
Best regards.

Hi Alexey. That works great! Our web page has a dropdown list that shows the available mail merge templates. I added code to scan the list of MailMerge field names to see if the TableStart/TableEnd fields are in the template to determine whether we should use the Execute or ExecuteWithRegions method.
Thanks for your help.
Brian.