AsposeWord for Java : Charting

Hello,
I was just wondering while doing mail-merge and create create a chart in Word .doc template file.

This is what i have in mind:
Say on one page(.doc) I have :

1. a paragraph and have some mailmerge fields
  2. I have a Table of numeric data also created .
  3. create a chart based on the table of data and place chart below data table.

How can I achieve all three above on one page?
I see from the web site it mentions the DOM and what it can do:

Programming with a Document Object Model

Developers can programmatically create, modify, extract and replace all document elements including sections, headers, footers, paragraphs, lists, tables, text, fields, hyperlinks, bookmarks and images. Developers can specify detailed formatting for any document element. All drawing objects including shapes, textboxes, images, OLE objects and controls are supported and you can perform things such as insert watermarks or extract images easily.

I think the reference to " **OLE objects" could be about Excel Chart Object.

Hope someone can help me on this.

Sincerely,

Paluu**

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Aspose.Words. Unfortunately, inserting new OLE objects into Word documents and updating existing OLE objects is not supported at the moment. Inserting an OLE object usually requires the host application and probably cannot be done by Aspose.Words.
What is supported is preserving OLE objects in documents. That is if you open an MS Word document and then save it (possibly in another MS Word format) then OLE objects are preserved. You can also access objects programmatically, extract their data and preview image. However, creating new OLE objects is not supported.
You can use Aspose.Report to generate charts and insert these charts into Word document as images using Aspose.Words. Here you can find step-by-stem manual how to generate chart:
https://docs.aspose.com/words/net/working-with-charts/
Please let me know if you need more information, I will be glad to help you.
Best regards.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-1206) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(29)