*** appears in TOC- when Heading level is missing (DOCX to EPUB)

Hello!

I encountered a strange thing when converting several hundreds of docx documents to epub (using Aspose.Words .NET). If the document has headings with “missing” levels, eg. (Heading 3 follows Heading 1 without any Heading 2) during conversion Aspose “fills” the missing level with a TOC entry called “***” (see attached example from my test document). Is there any way to stop Aspose doing this? Should we reformat the affected documents or is it possible to override this behaviour of Aspose? I tried to search the forum and the documentation, but without any success.

I attached a test document which has this behaviour. The 2nd part is missing heading 2 and it replaced by *** in the output epub.

Szabolcs

Hi Szabolcs,
If you can share the source docx document, hopefully someone from aspose staff will be able to test the scenario.

Hi
Thank you for reporting this problem to us. I managed to reproduce the problem on my side. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.
Best regards,