We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Application hangs up while trying to open a corrupt presentation file

Hi,
while trying to open a corrupt PowerPoint presentation file, Aspose.Slides (and the application) hangs up. If you try to open such a file with PowerPoint itself it offers to repair the presentation (which doesn’t work). Is it possible to define a timeout in this case?
Please find attached a file which causes such a problem.
Thanks for support
Thomas

Hi Thomas,

I have tried opening the presentation in PowerPoint 2007 and even that is unable to open the presentation file. Can you please verify the presentation on your end and share the correct presentation please.

Thanks and Regards,

Hi Mudassir,

I know, that the presentation is corrupt and that even with PowerPoint you can not open it. Problem is, that Slides doesn’t handle that, i. e. I don’t get an exception but the application hangs up. My Question is: What do I have to do that Slides throws an exception in that case or else how can I define a timeout if Slides can not open such a file lets say in 10 seconds…

Thanks for support and Regards.

Hi Thomas,

An issue with ID 28969 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue by adding provision of an exception being thrown for corrupted presentation. I shall share the further information with you once the issue is resolved.

Thanks and Regards,

Hi Mudassir,

are there any news available about this issue? We need the solution really urgently…:slight_smile:

Thanks and Regards
Thomas

Hi Thomas,

I regret to share that I have verified from our issue tracking system and unfortunately the issue is not resolved at the moment. However, I have requested our development team to schedule the issue for further investigation.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hi,

any news about this issue? We build up a workaround implementing a watchdog which deactivates corrupted files and restarts the application, but this is a matter of performance and as the word says: a workaround…

Regards
Thomas

Hi Thomas,

I have verified from our development team and like to share that the issue will be resolved in coming release of Aspose.Slides for .NET 4.5.0. We will share the further information with you once the release is made available.

Thanks and Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 28969) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Hello Dear,

Thanks for sharing the information related to "Recovery PowerPoint" tool.

FYI: I like to share that we added an exception message CorruptFileException in case the presentation is corrupted.

Thanks and Regards,

Hi,

RecoveryPowerPoint is indicated as evil software, a web page or a file on a web page which contains an undesirable programme. In this category fall, e.g., Adware, Spyware, Trojan horses, Backdoors, boot viruses, exploits, viruses (macroviruses, polymorphous viruses, script viruses), etc.

I cannot recommend here to use such a software! Data protections seem to be the better solution in such cases.

Regards
Tom

Hi Tom,

Please accept my apology for the following inconvenience. I am still unable to understand that the information related to Recovery PowerPoint in your last two posts. My question is that whether this only a piece of information that you have shared with us for our knowledge or is there any thing else Aspose.Slides may help you in this regard. The only issue related to this thread was identification of corrupted presentation and that has been resolved in Aspose.Slides for .NET 5.5.0 and shared with you as well.

If you have some new requirement then please elaborate in detail so that we may investigate further.

Many Thanks,