Applying a digital signature to a PDF

I need to pull a certificate off a smart card and use it to apply a digital signature to a PDF file. I have software to access the smart card, but once I get the certificate, what is Aspose looking for in the pfx field? Will the password be on the smart card? We enter a pin number. Is that it?

How do I find the signature field on the PDF?

Sorry for what may be dumb questions. I am a long time Aspose.PDF user but have had no experience with signing a PDF with a digital signatures.

Any current examples will be appreciated too. We have version 9.8.

thanks

Steve

Hi Steve,

swl:

I need to pull a certificate off a smart card and use it to apply a digital signature to a PDF file. I have software to access the smart card, but once I get the certificate, what is Aspose looking for in the pfx field? Will the password be on the smart card? We enter a pin number. Is that it?

Thanks for your inquiry. Currently Aspose.Pdf does not support signing from external hardware. However I have logged an investigation ticket PDFNEWNET-38062 to investigate your scenario and will keep you updated about our findings.

swl:

How do I find the signature field on the PDF?

You may check FormField type to identify signature field and then use field rectangle for signing. Please check following code sample for the purpose.

Document pdfDocument = new Document(“input.pdf”);<o:p></o:p>

foreach (Aspose.Pdf.InteractiveFeatures.Forms.Field formField in
pdfDocument.Form)

{<o:p></o:p>

string field = formField.FullName.ToString();<o:p></o:p>

string type = formField.GetType().Name.ToString();<o:p></o:p>

}<o:p></o:p>

Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance.

Best Regards,

I think I phrased some of that in a confusing manner. Ignore the part about how to get the certificate. I am not looking for my Aspose product to access the hardware device.

As always, thanks for your help.

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the acknowledgement. From your previous statement, it appears that you have got the answer for all your queries inquired in first post. In case you have any further query, please feel free to contact.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNET-38062) have been fixed in Aspose.PDF for .NET 19.2.