Apsose Cells 4.3.0.15 and 4.4.0.0 w/ formulas

Hi, we recently downloaded the 4.3.0.15 hotfix for some pivot table enhancements. Those work nicely. However, we encounter runtime errors when calculating formulas using a colon ":" as the parameters delimeter. This is legal in Excel I think.

I downloaded 4.4.0.0 and the runtime error goes away. I also noticed in the cell.formula documentation that it says the following:

"A formula string always begins with an equal sign (=). And please always use comma(,) as parameters delimeter, such as "=SUM(A1, E1, H2)".

Question, I don't want to have to recode a bunch of existing reports, is this a feature that you removed from 4.3.0.15 when going to 4.4.0.0? Moving forward will we need to use only a comma as the parameters delimeter?

Thanks,

Chris

Hi,

Could you post your template file with the formula (involving colon) to show the issue.

Thank you.

Attached is the spreadsheet. This was generated w/ 4.4.0.0 however 4.3.0.15 threw a runtime error with the formula in cell B13

Chris

Hi Chris,

I think you misunderstood colon usage in Excel formulas. It isn't a parameter delimeter but represents a range. So we always support such formulas as "=SUM(A1:B2, E1)".

In v4.4, we don't remove features in v4.3.0.15. Instead, we fixed this runtime error in pivot table for v4.3.0.15.