Render Comments in Arabic Language Mode during Word to PDF Conversion

Hi,

I have the same problem with Arabic, I am using aspose words over ASP.NET, set culture to en or fr then it is working fine, but with arabic it returns back to “comment”, while it must be “تعليق”,

Is there a way to set localization values explicitly, or an aspose DLL that includes arabic values,

Thanks

@halhaj,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please ZIP and upload your 1) input Word document, 2) Aspose.Words generated output document (.pdf file etc) and 3) console application (source code without compilation errors) here for testing. We will then investigate the issue on our end and provide you more information.

@awais.hafeez,

Thank you for the reply,
below is the required console project, it contains a docx document, on main method that docx will be converted to pdf, saved to bin/debug and auto opened,
ArabicWordToPdf.zip (19.4 KB)

Thanks

@halhaj,

I have generated PDF files using the latest licensed version of Aspose.Words i.e. 18.5 and MS Word 2016 and attached them here for your reference (see 18.5.pdf (30.7 KB) and msw-2016.pdf (195.4 KB)).

Please create a comparison screenshot highlighting (encircle) the problematic areas in this Aspose.Words generated PDF and attach it here for our reference. We will investigate the issue further on our end and provide you more information.

@awais.hafeez,

Thanks for your reply,

I have created a file using MS Word 2016 with arabic language pack installed and used as default language ( Arabic_Ar.pdf (61.7 KB) ),
instead of “comment” it appears the Arabic word “تعليق عليه”, which is correct, but using the code I attached before it still appears not localized,

please note that changing the culture in the code, main method, to other languages (fr, de, …) then it will show the correct localization value, the problem is only with arabic culture,

Thanks

@halhaj,

Thanks for the additional information. We will prepare the required platform to simulate the environment as that of yours. As soon as everything is setup, we will test your scenario and post the results here for your kind reference.

1 Like

@halhaj,

Thanks for your inquiry. We tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same problem on our end. We have logged this problem in our issue tracking system. The ID of this issue is WORDSNET-16843. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of this issue. We apologize for your inconvenience.

1 Like

@awais.hafeez,
Is this issue resolved ?

@halhaj,

We have good news for you i.e. WORDSNET-16843 has now been resolved and the fix of this issue will be integrated in next release of Aspose.Words i.e. 18.12. We will inform you via this thread as soon as 18.12 release of Aspose.Words will be published at the start of next month.

1 Like

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-16843) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 18.12 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 18.12 update.