Arabic Ligatures Support

I am wondering if Aspose can add Arabic language support to the PDF component.

Arabic language has two differences from other languages:

1. It is right to left language(same as Hebrew).
  2. It has different properties of each character position in the word, which prescribe script flow and how Arabic ligatures change their shape depending on the preceding and following character.

I think the implementation of this is not difficult, the pdf format supports Arabic, it is a mater of extracing Ligatures form the text and render them using PDF tags.

For more information please refer to:

http://partners.adobe.com/asn/acrobat/sdk/public/docs/PDFReference15_v6.pdf

Search for and keywords.

For example CrystalReports can export the layout of Arabic reports to pdf successfuly.

Dear ashraf,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

Thanks for your suggestion and detailed info. Arabic characters is supported in Aspose.Pdf by unicode. But right-to-left alignment is not supported. I need to learn more about Arabic before making a plan to support it.

I am ready to help you in Arabic by giving examples and test your code until it work correctly.

Kind Regards

Dear ashraf,

Thank you very much for your help. We have to start this work in the next month. I hope I can get your help then.

Hello

I am using Aspose.PDF to view tiff files which is pretty good. Although I can’t add any text to pdf documents, I gave my approval for pruchasing Aspose.Report hoping that Arabic support will be added to pdf comonent soon.

Thank you in advance.

Dear ashraf,

Our team will take Arabic support as a urgent task and will implement this feature ASAP.

I have a question: How do you edit a file in Arabic? Do you have special editer that the cursor moves from right to left? Would you please post an example XML which you want to use to add Arabic text to PDF file?

Forgive my innocence about Arabic ligatures.

Dear Tommy

I sent the files you requested few days back. Is there any progress in Arabic support?

By the way, we already pruchased one developer license of Aspose.Report and awaiting your innovations in Arabic support.

Regards

Mohammed Al-Ashraf
Diwan Amiri(Royal court), Qatar

Dear Ashraf,

I request the files from you because I want to get familiar with Arabic and make my plan to support it. We have to start the work in the next month, when we have finished our current task. Arabic hopes to be available in the middle August.

Dear Tommy

I hope you already started working on Arabic support!

Kind Regards

Mohammed Al-Ashraf

Dear Al-Ashraf,

Yes I have started working on Arabic support for several days. The work is more difficult than I have estimated. I can’t support the font you sent to me recently. But other fonts such “Arabic Transparent” and “Times New Roman” can work. The basic features for Arbic hopes to be available before 20th this month.

Dear Tommy

Any news about Arabic support?

Kind Regards

Mohammed Al-Ashraf

Dear Al-Ashraf,

I have not finished this work. Please wait for several days.

Dear Al-Ashraf,

I wanted to send you mail and failed. Would you please test the Arabic support in Aspose.Pdf? I don’t know if the result is correct since I don’t know Arabic. Thanks.

Please download the test dll here.

Big Smile
Hello Tommy

Great work!, I tested the Arabic support and it worked correctly for Arabic characters. However if the text contains Latin words or numbers, it is reversed resulting in incorrect output.

I suggest you change the name of the property IsReversed to RightToLeft.

Please take care of how numbers are rendered, Arabic has its own digits.

Thank you, I appreciate your efforts.

Mohammed Al-Ashraf

Dear Mohammed,

Thank you for your help.I will solve the Latin words and numbers problem soon.

Dear Mohammed,

I have solved this problem. And I have rename the property to "IsRightToLeft" as you suggested. Please download hotfix here.

Hello Tommy

Thank you for your attention. I tested the latest assembly and I have some notes:

1. The last characters in a Segment is repeated some times.
2. IsRightToLeft has no effect in table cells.
3. Still some digits are reversed.
4. Extremely slow proformance encountered using Acrobat Reader 6.0 to open Arabic documents generated by AsposePdf. However using Acrobat Reader 4.0 is normal.(I will Email you a sample file).

Kind Regards
Mohammed Al-Ashraf

Dear Mohammed,

Thank you for helping me to test my code. I will test and solve the problems you listed.

Dear Monhammed,

I have trouble to reproduce some of the error. Can you please send me some examples?

I e-mailed you two sample files.