Excel to PDF conversion - Render Arabic text in the spreadsheet in .NET

Hi,
I have bought the Aspose.Cells product with order id = 190630060218.
I have a problem with PDF generation functionality.
I have attached the excel file and generated PDF. Also provided some pictures, I hope that help.
Let me know if you have any questions.

Files.zip (792.1 KB)

best regards,
mehdy

@mkarimpour,

Thanks for the template file and details.

After an initial test, I am able to reproduce the issue as you mentioned by converting your template file to PDF file format. I found the issue with Arabic text/labels in Excel to PDF rendering. I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-46848” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know.

Hi Amjad,
Thanks for your reply.
Great, I am waiting for the solution.

best regards,
mehdy

@mkarimpour,

Please spare us little time (3-5 days or so) for complete analysis before we could start working on to figure out the issue.

Once we have any new information, we will share it with you.

Hi Amjad,

Thanks for your effort.
Perfect, I wanted to say, this is the second times that I report bugs about PDF generation for this product.
It seems you did not consider all different places (different objects and their properties actually) to apply the code to correct Arabic(RTL) characters in Excel object model.

best regards,
mehdy

@mkarimpour,
Please note different issues can have different reasons and fixing one might not resolve all issues. We resolve the issues generically and hopefully the problem will not be appearing again. I will write back here as soon as some feedback is ready to share.

@ahsaniqbalsidiqui,
Perfect.

@mkarimpour,
You are welcome.

@Amjad_Sahi, @ahsaniqbalsidiqui

Hi, any news?

@mkarimpour,
This issue is logged too recently and is in queue for analysis and further investigation. It normally takes 2 to 3 weeks to resolve simple issues and provide a hotfix if possible. However for complex issues it may take longer time to resolve it. Currently this issue is not resolved and we will write back here as soon as some ETA is available.

@mkarimpour,

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue now. We will soon provide you the fixed version after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

Keep in touch.

Hi @Amjad_Sahi,

Awesome!
I am waiting for the new version to test and verify.

best regards,
mehdy

@mkarimpour,

You can expect the fix in the next few days (2-5 days or so). Hopefully we will share the fix/version in this time frame for your testing.

@Amjad_Sahi,
Perfect.

@mkarimpour,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v19.7.7:
Aspose.Cells19.7.7 For .Net4.0.Zip (4.9 MB)
Aspose.Cells19.7.7 For .Net2_AuthenticodeSigned.Zip (4.9 MB)

Your issue should be fixed in it.

Let us know your feedback.

@Amjad_Sahi,
Great!
I will test and write here my feedback ASAP.

@mkarimpour,

Please take your time to evaluate the new fix/version. Hopefully it will pass your test cases.

@Amjad_Sahi,

Hi, I have a .Net Core 2.x console application to produce and test the problems for Aspose.Cells product.
I have updated it to use Aspose.Cells19.7.7 For .Net2_AuthenticodeSigned.Zip.

I am testing the new version with the same problematic file, I sent you (Problem1.xlsx)
After running I get the following exception on line Workbook workbook = new Workbook(fileStream);
Aspose.Cells.CellsException: ‘The file is corrupted.’

Actually I have tested Aspose.Cells19.7.7 For .Net4.0.Zip with a new Console application for .Net 4.x and it works fine. :smiley:

It seems this version is not compatible with .Net Core 2.x!! :thinking:

best regards,
mehdy

@mkarimpour,

Yes, your understanding is correct. The fix shared in our previous reply would work on common .NET framework versions (2.0, 3.x, 4.x) but won’t work on .NET Core/.NET Standard. You need Aspose.Cells for .NET Core (.NET Standard 2.0) fix. We will check if we could provide you Aspose.Cells for .NET Standard 2.0 fix for your needs. Alternatively, you may wait as we are scheduled to release our next official release of the product, i.e., Aspose.Cells for .NET v19.8 before the end of next week or so. When you will install/unzip the Dlls version (Aspose.Cells for .NET v19.8), you may find relevant Aspose.Cells.Dll from netStandard2.0 folder at your installation directory for your needs.

@Amjad_Sahi,

Perfect. :+1: