Are all sections of the Visio shapesheet available from the Aspose API?

Hi

I’m in the process of evaluating the tool and I can see that there are classes which correspond to sections of the Visio shapesheet such as User-defined Cells and Shape Data, which is great. Can I assume that all sections of the Visio shapesheet have a corresponding class within the Aspose Diagram or are there areas of the shapesheet that aren’t handled within the Aspose Diagram (if so, please can let me know what these areas are)?

Thanks,
Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for contacting support. Aspose.Diagram API has support of editing most of the Shapesheet sections. Kindly list down the sections of Shapesheet which you need to incorporate into your applications. We shall share appropriate help topics and also log the new feature requests in the base of requirements if any. Your response is awaited.

I am not the originator of this thread, but I am looking for the same thing. I believe we need:

• Connection Points section
… to work-around limitations to specifying glue points, as described in post 833096 in this forum.
Hi,

Thank you for the inquiry. Please refer to the example code below and a help topic to edit the Geometry section: Working with Geometry Section

.NET, C#
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
// load a drawing Diagram diagram = new Diagram("Drawing1.vsdx"); // get the source page by name Page srcpage = diagram.Pages.GetPage("Page-1"); // get shape by index Shape shape = srcpage.Shapes.GetShape(3); // set 1D end X point of X-coordinat shape.XForm1D.EndX.Value = 5; // set comment shape.Misc.Comment.Value = "some comment"; // save drawing diagram.Save("Output.vsdx", SaveFileFormat.VSDX);
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Never mind, all needs seem to be met at this point. Thanks for explaining about setting the Comment. (The need for the other two sections is resolved by using Master shapes composed of other shapes to produce multiple glue points.)

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for the confirmation. It is nice to hear from you that the problem has been resolved. Please let us know in case of any further assistance or questions.

Oops, not quite resolved; we still need to add Connection Points, per my revised post above.

Please let me know when you can support this feature.
Thank you.

Hi,

Thank you for the inquiry. Please provide the complete details of the use case as well as send us your source drawing, code and expected output drawing. It will help us to analyze the problem closely. Your response is awaited.

Hi, i have a follow up to the original question. I am trying to get to the user-defied cells of a shape and cannot seem to locate them on the object model. Similarly, I am looking to get access to a shapes customprops, not just props. Any guidance would be appreciated.

@susanktuvell

Thanks for your inquiry.

Would you kindly share any sample VISIO Diagram with us from which you want to extract mentioned information. We will test the scenario in our environment and address it accordingly.

Unfortunately due to IP restrictions, I cannot share the files I am working with. I can construct a sample diagram, however I am simply trying to access user-defined cells on a shape from a Visio file as described in this link

if you need me to create and attach a simple Visio file, I can do so.

@susanktuvell

Thanks for providing further information.

We have logged an investigation ticket as DIAGRAMJAVA-50645 in our issue tracking system for your requirements. We will further investigate the feasibility of the feature your require and let you know in case of additional updates. Please be patient and spare us little time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you! It should be noted that I am using Aspore.Diagram for .NET

@susanktuvell

Thanks for letting us know about API platform.

It would be appreciable if you may please create and share a sample VISIO file with us. It would definitely help us investigating the feature feasibility accordingly.

Test_User_Defined_Cell.zip (11.3 KB)

This is a simple drawing with two shapes. If you view the Shape Sheet of the shape “Test Shape” you will see a section called “User-defined Cells”. Not all shapes have these, however I need to be able to see those user-defined properties IF a shape has them.

@susanktuvell

Thanks for sharing sample VISIO file.

We have updated the information under new ticket ID i.e. DIAGRAMNET-51601. As soon as ticket is resolved, we will surely update you. Please spare us little time.

1 Like

@susanktuvell

Thanks for your patience.

Please use Object User to get customer props as follows:

Shape mastershape = diagram.Pages[0].Shapes.GetShape(1).MasterShape;            
User user = mastershape.Users[4];            
Console.WriteLine(user.NameU);            
Console.WriteLine(user.Value.Val);            
Console.WriteLine(user.Prompt.Value);

In case you need any further assistance, please feel free to let us know.

Yes! Thank you! I was not using the master shape.

@susanktuvell

Thanks for your acknowledgement.

It is good to know that you are able to achieve what you require. Please keep using our API and in case of any further assistance, please feel free to let us know.