Are Japenese Characters supported in Aspose.Words Version 11 for .NET?

Apologies if this is documented somewhere, but I’ve been unable to find it.

@Josh.Allen Yes, Japanese Characters are supported. If you encounter any issues with documents with Japanese Characters, please attach your input and output documents here for testing. We will check them and provide you more information.

Hi Alexey,

Thanks for the response.

Attached are an example input and output file, we would be using these with MailMerge fields normally, but the problem is replicable with plain text.

As stated previously we’re using Version 11 of Aspose.Words, there are plans in the pipeline to update our Version, but if you could suggest a solution that doesn’t involve upgrading for the short term, that would be brilliant, as upgrading will have to be thoroughly tested and we have a customer who needs a quick solution to this issue, and as you can see even just pasting the characters in manually doesn’t fix the issue.

Thanks,
Josh

Input:
Docxtest.docx (12.0 KB)

Output:

Study Specific Certificate 2.0(1)-2.pdf (35.9 KB)

@Josh.Allen You are using a really old version of Aspose.Words. 11.11 version has been released about 12 years ago. At the moment it is difficult to what the problem is in this version of Aspose.Words.
I have tested conversion with the latest version and the output document looks fine: out.pdf (33.9 KB)

So I would suggest you to update. Meanwhile you can request a temporary 30-days free license to test the latest version on your side without evaluation version limitations.

Hi Alexey,

Thanks for getting back to me.
I’ve passed on your feedback about the version being very old up the chain, so may get some movement there.

In the meantime, do you know if you have an old WORDSNET issue I can link to this, or any previous documentation of this issue?

Thanks,
Josh

@Josh.Allen There was an old WORDSNET-6062 issue with similar symptoms.

WORDSNET-6062 - /asian font substitution/ Doc to PDF conversion issue with Japanese character.

But is is difficult to tell for sure if this is the same issue as yours. This defect was fixed in 13.2 version of Aspose.Words.