Array Formula using Indirect() Copies only 1 value

When using Indirect() in an array formula in a template excel document, the Indirect does not copy the specified range into the array as Excel does.

Using Excel 2003
Aspose for .Net 7.1.1.0

Attached is the simple sample console application as well as the input and output spreadsheets.

If you change B5 (assign it a value using Aspose.Cells) the Indirect seems to work correctly.
My problem is that the spreadsheet may or may not change based on user input. So if one just opens the document and ‘calculateFormula()’ Aspose does not calculate the Array Formula Correctly for Indirect(). Not sure if this is an Indirect() functionality issue or Array Formula Issue.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and considering Aspose.Cells for .NET.

I was able to replicate the problem using the latest version:
Aspose.Cells
for .NET v7.1.1.5

Please see the code below. I have attached the source and output files for a reference.

We have logged this issue in our database. Once, we will fix it or get some update, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-40430.

C#

string filePath = @“F:\Shak-Data-RW\Downloads\Misc\test\TestAspose\IndirectArray.xls”;

//Create a workbook

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(filePath);

workbook.CalculateFormula();

workbook.Save(filePath + “.out.xls”);

Is there any work around that you know of or can think of until the patch comes out?

Hi,

We are working on your issue. Please wait 1-3 days, we may provide you a fix here.

Thanks for being patient!

Hi,

We have fixed this issue. Please download: Aspose.Cells for .NET

v7.1.1.6

Awesome! Tested and looks good. Thanks for the quick turn around.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-40430) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.