Arrow lines in all diagrams get misplaced (CTS-4713)

Hi Amjad,

Customer has come back. They’ve noticed another issue besides what we have already identified. This is wrt original file by the way, not XLSM.

The issue … the space between BEGRÄNSANDE and ÅTGÄRDER gets removed at few places in Aspose output. It is always ‘BEGRÄNSANDE ÅTGÄRDER’ in input but in output it becomes ‘BEGRÄNSANDEÅTGÄRDER’. You may search the text in Adobe Reader and notice the behavior.

Thanks,
Rajiv

Hi,

Thanks for sharing details.

After an initial test, I am able to reproduce the issue as you mentioned. I found the space between BEGR?NSANDE and ?TG?RDER gets removed at a few places in the output PDF file. I can see this issue in the output PDF, page number: 2, 3 and 4. I used the original template XLS file to convert to PDF file. See the screenshot for reference:

(there is similar issue on 3rd and 4th page as well)
e.g
Sample code:

Workbook lWorkbook = new Workbook(“3S-AOP-4_4.xls”);
lWorkbook.save(“f:\files\out13S-AOP-4_4.pdf”);

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSJAVA-42100” for your issue. We will look into the issue as well.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi Amjad,

In order to speed-up the progress, we would like take up all unresolved bugs to be taken under enterprise support against ‘AjeshEMC’ user quota.

Please do the needful. Feel free to move this thread to ES forum if required.

Thanks,
Rajiv

Please take up remaining open bugs under AjeshEMC ES a/c.

Thanks.

Hi,

Please create a new thread using “AjeshEMC” account in the Enterprise Support forum and give reference to this thread and mention your desired ticket ids to be taken under enterprise support. We will escalate those issues to use Enterprise Support level.

Thank you.
Hi,

This is to inform you that your issue logged earlier as "CELLSJAVA-42098" is resolved now. We will soon provide you the fixed version after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

Once the fix is available for public use, we will share it with you here.

Thank you.
Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

Please download and try the latest fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v16.11.10 and let us know your feedback.

Please try this fix for the following issues.

• CELLSJAVA-42100 - The space between certain characters gets removed at a few places in the output PDF file
  • CELLSJAVA-42098 - Extra pages are added due to some pages are not rendered completely in one PDF page

Hi,

CELLSJAVA-42098:

Well, there are some rows with autofit height in the source Excel file and when opening it in Microsoft Excel, the height of these rows are
recalculated, so we should be using Worksheet.AutoFitRows(true) to recalculate the height of
these rows.

Please try our latest version/fix v16.11.10 with the following sample code, it should fix your issue:

e.g

Sample code:

Workbook wb = new Workbook(srcFile);

for (int i = 0; i < wb.getWorksheets().getCount(); i++)

{

Worksheet sheet = wb.getWorksheets().get(i);

sheet.autoFitRows(true);

}

wb.save(outFile.pdf);

Thank you.

Hi Amjad,

CELLSJAVA-42098 : We obviously cannot productize any file specific code in our product. IF there are some rows with autofit height in source excel file, Aspose should be able to automatically detect it and internally call any such API in order to produce expected output. This is clearly a bug according to us.

Thanks,
Rajiv

Hi,

The method overload: Worksheet.autoFitRows(boolean onlyAuto) is what it is used for (It produces similar behavior as when opening the file into Microsoft Excel manually and MS Excel recalculates the height of those rows). When you specify the Boolean parameter to “true”, it will recalculate the height of the underlying rows. It won’t disturb your existing data, formatting or other contents.

Thank you.

Hi Amjad,

That’s not the point. This method is suitable only for this excel file right ?? What would be its impact on all other normal xls files wherein auto-fit height has not been set ?

Thanks,
Rajiv

Hi,

Your concerns make sense. I need to evaluate your concerns with the concerned developer from product team. I will do that in the next week early and let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi,

I have discussed your issue with the concerned developer of product team. Well, the following sample code can be used for all the files:
e.g
Sample code:

for (int i = 0; i < wb.getWorksheets().getCount(); i++)

{

Worksheet sheet = wb.getWorksheets().get(i);

sheet.autoFitRows(true);

}

it will only recalculate the height of the rows with autofit height. The height of the rows which are custom height will not be changed/recalculated. There are cached height in the files for autofit height rows. If the above code is not called, we will use the cached height for autofit height rows, but it may not be correct. If the above code is called, we will use the recalculated height for autofit height rows, but it will cost some more time.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-42100;CELLSJAVA-42053;CELLSJAVA-42052;CELLSJAVA-42098;CELLSJAVA-42054) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Hi Amjad,

CELLSJAVA-42098 isn’t fixed apparently, I still see extra pages with latest build.

Can you please try and let me know ? I guess we need to reopen this bug, it has been closed wrongly.

Thanks,
Rajiv

Hi,

Well, I have tested your case/scenario using your XLSM file with v16.12.x, it works fine. You got to use code segment (while converting your Excel file to PDF) recommend by us in our previous replies. See the sample code here and find attached the output PDF file for your reference:
e.g
Sample code:

Workbook lWorkbook = new Workbook(“3S-AOP-4_4.xlsm”);

for (int i = 0; i < lWorkbook.getWorksheets().getCount(); i++)

{

Worksheet sheet = lWorkbook.getWorksheets().get(i);

sheet.autoFitRows(true);

}

lWorkbook.save(“f:\files\out13S-AOP-4_4.pdf”);

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

Please download and try the following latest fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v16.12.5 for your following issue and let us know your feedback.
  • CELLSJAVA-42079 - Un-even lines' thinkness at intersections while rendering spreadsheet with diagram to PDF

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-42079) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.