Chart.AsIFormattedTextContainer Property Is No Longer Available

Hi I have just migrated upto to V23.10 and I can no longer access AsIFormattedTextContainer
however your docs still cover it.

What should I do please?
oh yes using .net version of your libs

@David_Connell,

Yes, the Chart.AsIFormattedTextContainer attribute is there in the API Reference. We will look into it and get back to you soon.

Thanks, waiting for your information.

@David_Connell,

I just checked/used Aspose.Slides for .NET v23.10 in sample WinForm project if the attribute is there or not. I found AsIFormattedTextContainer is there and is accessible in the Aspose.Slides APIs. Please see the screenshot (attached) for your reference.
image.png (66.5 KB)

Please make sure that you are using latest version of the API.

Thank you, I’ll try again

OK, so it seems like this option is only available when targetting TargetFramework .NETCore 2.0 and above
However my current legacy project is targetting .NET 7.
So it would appear that this functionality is no longer available. I am not able to migrate the App.
The current code just sets the FontHeight, eg chart.AsIFormattedTextContainer.TextFormat.PortionFormat.FontHeight = 11;
What is the best way to do this please without access to AsIFOrmattedTextContainer
thanks
David

Could you please share a standalone sample VS.NET project where the AsIFormattedTextContainer is not available. We will look into it soon.

PS. please zip the project prior attaching.

Example project as requested.
Things seem very slow…
3rd attempt!
David Connell
ClassLibrary1.zip (16.9 KB)

@David_Connell,

I checked and found Chart.AsIFormattedTextContainer is not available in a project targeting .NET6.0 or .NET7.0. However, the attribute is there up to .NET Core3.1.

We need to evaluate your issue in details. We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): SLIDESNET-44305

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

Hi @amjad.sahi
Thank you for confirming, and raising it etc…
Out of interest what is the best way to set the fontsize globally for a chart please? Perhaps you can point me to an example?
(I assume that is what the code was previously doing)
Thanks
David Connell

@David_Connell,

We will check but in the meantime, you could see the examples on how to set text format of different portions for relevant objects under chart
https://docs.aspose.com/slides/net/chart-formatting/

Thank you for your help

@David_Connell,

You are welcome.

@David_Connell,
Please try using the following code line:

var container = _chart as IFormattedTextContainer;