[ASPOSE 17.3.0] Editing LastSavedTime on .ppt files doesn't work. Works on .pptx files only

Hi there,

I am trying to change the LastSavedTime property of a .ppt Presentation file, but apparently the WriteBindedPresentation method doesn’t work as expected (it does with .pptx files only).

Please see the code example below, any idea?:

Presentation presentation = new Presentation(s);
s.Position = 0;
IPresentationInfo _info = PresentationFactory.Instance.GetPresentationInfo(s);
Console.WriteLine("Presentation LastSavedTime value -> " + presentation.DocumentProperties.LastSavedTime);
//edit a property
var props = _info.ReadDocumentProperties();
props.LastSavedTime = DateTime.Now.AddYears(-10); //ten years ago
//save presentation
presentation.Save(output, Aspose.Slides.Export.SaveFormat.Pptx);

//add edited properties after save
_info.WriteBindedPresentation(output);

//check if property has been changed
output.Position = 0;
Presentation ppp = new Presentation(output);
Console.WriteLine("Edited presentation LastSavedTime value -> " + ppp.DocumentProperties.LastSavedTime);

//expect to get the edited date, but but the original date.

Thanks,

Giulio

Hi Giulio,

I have observed your comments. Can you please share sample presentation so that we can further investigate issue in details to help you out.

Best Regards,

Hi Adnan,

I’ve attached two files:
- pptx, should work fine

- ppt, has issues

I am sorry but I have no generated result to share, I processed and detected the issue straight into the code debugger in visual studio.

Thanks

Hi,

I have worked with presentation file shared by you using Aspose.Slides for .NET 17.3.0 and have been able to observe the issue. A ticket with ID SLIDESNET-38582 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with issue so that you may be automatically notified once issue will be fixed.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,