Aspose.3D Inquiry

Hello,

I work for a software company and we’re currently scoping out solutions for a potential project that views .stl files in an online web application (particularly built in .Net Core 2.1 MVC). Ideally, the .stl files will be loaded directly from Azure Blob Storage. I came across your product “Aspose.3D” as a possible option and have a few questions regarding it:

• Is there any measuring feature where the user could click two points on the 3D model and display how many units apart they are?

• Is it possible to load multiple .stl files into a single view, then show/hide each individual file on the screen?

• I also saw that Aspose.CAD supports viewing .stl files as well, would that be a better/worse solution for viewing .stl files?

• Upon trying to load the examples project here (https://github.com/aspose-3d/Aspose.3D-for-.NET/tree/master/Examples) - I recieved this error in Visual Studio 2017: “The project file could not be loaded. Unexpected XML declaration. The XML declaration must be the first node in the document, and no white space characters are allowed to appear before it. Line 120, position 3. C:\Users\ak23y\Desktop\Aspose.3D-for-.NET-master\Examples\CSharp\CSharp.csproj” Do you have a suggestion on how to get this running so I can take a look at it? It doesn’t seem like CSharp.csproj is formatted correctly. Or is there a simple example page somewhere online where I can view it in action? I couldn’t find anything on your site.

I look forward to hearing from you soon, thanks!!!

@ArmariusSoftware

Thank you for contacting support.

We are looking into your inquiries and will get back to you with our findings soon.

@ArmariusSoftware

Thank you for being patient.

The STL file contains only one mesh, STL does not support hierarchy scene, so there can not be more than one unit in a STL file. Other 3D formats like FBX, JT, U3D, 3DS, ASE, RVM, Collada, GLTF, X have better hierarchy support.

Yes, you can create or load each STL file into different scenes, and put the nodes under these scenes into a new scene object.

Moreover, please download the examples project of Aspose.3D for .NET once again and then let us know if you still notice any problem.

For Aspose.CAD for .NET, we are checking the scenario and will share our findings with you soon.

@ArmariusSoftware

For your following inquiries related to Aspose.CAD.

Aspose.CAD is an API that process the CAD files programmatically and there is no front end associated with it by design. However, you can export the CAD or STL files to images and PDF as per your requirement. I hope the shared elaboration will be helpful.

Thank you very much for the help!

The example project on github seems to be fixed as well now. I’ll go over the examples with the team and see what we find.

Thanks!

@ArmariusSoftware

Thank you for your kind feedback.

We are glad to know that the problem has been resolved. Feel free to contact us if you need any further assistance.