We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Aspose.3D Research Enquiry

Hey everyone.

This is my first post so apologies in advance if its not following any expected guidelines.

I have an application that’s almost finished. Once its complete Ill be looking to rebuild it with Aspose.3D
Currently using Unity to make life easy but Unity is quite limiting.

So before making a decision I need to know a few things about the Aspose.3D product. I have already had a play around with the .Net version and I’m happy with how easy it was to render a scene in WinForms and WPF!! :slight_smile:

Though I need to confirm if there is support for doing this across Windows and OSX…

• Can you render when targeting .Net Standard? I noticed the Rendering namespace is not available.
  • Can Aspose.3D Java do rendering? I noticed there was no simple method, though I haven’t tested so far as Im not a Java guy

Thank you in advance and any information is appreciated.

@htorrisi

Thank you for contacting support.

Please note that Aspose.3D for .NET only supports Windows environment for now. For further questions, we are checking the details and will update you with our findings soon.

1 Like

I suppose the big question for .Net version would be, is how does the IRenderWindow work?
I have looked on the API and Documentation pages, I understand it takes an IntPtr handle.

Using WinForms this is easy and obtainable from any Control element.
In WPF this is not so easy. I was able to draw directly into the Window. But in order to render to a Control I needed to use the WindowsFormsIntegration.dll and create a WindowsFormsHost item.

So to my understanding, this relies heavily on System.Windows.Forms

Can you please confirm what sort of project types the IRenderWindow has been tested on?

Thank you in advance :slight_smile:

@htorrisi

We are afraid Rendering is currently not supported in .NET Core and Java environment. However, we are working to support this feature and it will be available soon. About project type, we will be updating you once we gather the details.

@htorrisi

Thank you for being patient.

We have double checked the supported operating systems and would like to update you that currently only Windows is supported. Please feel free to let us know if you need other platforms to be supported so that we may investigate further to assist you. We have updated our previous response accordingly.

Moreover, WPF is not well tested, but in theory you can render the scene into a texture and draw them to WPF. Although this is quite inefficient, we will further investigate the integration of WPF.

Thanks for the heads up.

In regards to other platforms, I have been testing the capabilities of working with GTK#, which targets the .net Framework. It also have a version of Window for the IntPtr handle, yet creating an IRenderWindow will fail with “Invalid Window Handle” exception.

Can you please confirm if there has been any testing with GTK#, or if there are any plans to support it?

Thank you :slight_smile:

@htorrisi

We are afraid it has not been tested with GTK# or any other UI Framework. However, as long as the UI kit can retrieve the native handle of window, it is possible to be integrated. We have logged a ticket with ID THREEDNET-486 for checking the compatibility with UI frameworks like GTK#, QT etc. We will let you know as soon as there will be some significant updates in this regard.

@htorrisi

Would you please share your sample GTK# project with us so that we may proceed further to help you out. It may be shared via Google Drive, Dropbox etc. if the size of ZIP file is bigger, otherwise attach it here by drag and drop in the post editor.