Support for creating Word, Excel files with android using Aspose.Total

As I am using Aspse to create a file (word, excel sheet) within Android application
please any one suggest me that can I edit the excel or word file using Aspose within application?

1. while creating a document file (word/excel) can I get the GUI view of document to edit the document ?
  2. Can I edit the doc file from local storage with in application using Aspose ??

can Aspose provide these functionalities?

@janak14,

I have observed your comments. I like to inform that Aspose.Words for Android via Java is a class library and with it you can programmatically generate, modify, convert and render word processing documents. So, it does not offer any UI or control for performing these document processing task. However, if you are intended to just preview your Word document in your android application, we can offer you a simple way that will help you in achieving what you are looking for.

• Load your Word document by using ‘Aspose.Words for Android via Java’
  • Generate images against each page in Word document and then view them in some android control

Please see the following code that uses standard ImageView widget to show Aspose.Words generated images:

try
{
String licString = Environment.getExternalStorageDirectory().getAbsolutePath() + “/Aspose.Words.Android.lic”;
String inputPath = Environment.getExternalStorageDirectory().getAbsolutePath() + “/input.docx”;
String outputPath = Environment.getExternalStorageDirectory().getAbsolutePath() + “/”;

com.aspose.words.License lic = new com.aspose.words.License();
lic.setLicense(licString, this);

com.aspose.words.Document doc = new com.aspose.words.Document(inputPath);
com.aspose.words.ImageSaveOptions options = new ImageSaveOptions(SaveFormat.PNG);
options.setPageCount(1);

for (int i = 0; i < doc.getPageCount(); i++) {
    options.setPageIndex(i);
    doc.save(outputPath + "out_" + i + ".png", options);
}

Bitmap bm = BitmapFactory.decodeFile(outputPath + "out_1.png");

ImageView img = (ImageView) findViewById(R.id.imageView1);
img.setImageBitmap(bm);

}
catch (Exception e)
{
e.printStackTrace();
}

Also from Aspose.Cells for Android via Java perspective, I like to inform Aspose.Cells for Android via Java supports Sheet to image rendering. Please check Documentation article. This will help you to achieve your requirements.

@Adnan.Ahmad thanks for your response
Preview part is done at my end using Aspose
I want to GUI control like WPS offlce does, is there any other open source liberary/sdk that support the GUI
control to edit the document files with in app.?

@janak14,

I have observed your comments. I regret to inform that it is not possible for Aspose.Words and Aspose.Cells to provide any GUI or control to view/edit Word or Excel documents.