Aspose calculation engine not working properly?

Hello,

I’m currently investigating Aspose.cells as an alternative to the Excel interop mechanism that we are using at my company. I’ve done some testing and found that for a certain excel, some Aspose.cells-based computed values do not equal the values that I get when running excel manually. The excel is fairly complex, but for all I know, it doesn’t contain any of the following unsupported formula: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/cellsnet/Supported+Formulas+++Functions

Is this maybe a bug in Aspose.cells?

Thanks for helping me out!

Ps: I’ve added my solution as attachment

Hi,

Thanks for your sample project and using Aspose.Cells for .NET.

After running your project, I was able to notice the problems relating to formulas as you have mentioned using the latest version:
Aspose.Cells
for .NET v7.3.0.4

We have logged this issue in our database. We will look into it and provide you a fix. Once the fix is available or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-40953.

Hi,

After further evaluation of your issue, we come to know it is not an issue with our product. In MS Excel, if the number format is "%", the actual value of the cell is the input value divided by 100. In Aspose.Cells, the actual value of the cell is the input value. So, please change your codes as the following accordingly:

e.g

cells["B5"].PutValue(0.022);

cells["B6"].PutValue(0.049);

Thanks,

This indeed solved my problem. Thanks for the quick support!

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

It’s good to know that your issue is resolved now.

If you face any other problem or have some questions relating to Aspose.Cells, please feel free to post on our forums, we will be glad to help you asap.