Aspose.Cell and dom4j

Hi,

I have downloaded a trial version of Aspose.Cells and noticed that the lib folder contains two jar files; Aspose.Cells.jar and dom4j-1.6.1.jar. Does anyone know if it is necessary that dom4j version 1.6.1 be used or will any dom4j version do? Which "functional features" have dom4j dependencies?

Regards,

Hanne Austad

Hi Hanne,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

Well, if you are using the latest version of Aspose.Cells for Java (i.e., 1.9.3), you should use dom4j-1.6.1.jar with it. There is certain funcationality / features (e.g., maniulating Excel 2007 .xlsx files) which may demand dom4j jar file. So, you should also set it (with Aspose.Cells.jar) in your classpath.

Thank you.

Hi Amjad Sahi,

I am using aspose cells for converting xls to txt . So for some cases i am not able to parse the data. It is showing ClassNotfound Exception & seems to me that dom4j-1.6.1.jar is not present in our build. So from where can i get the License .Is it necessary to purchase this one. Please help me in this regard.

Thanks,

Hi,

Well, the dom4j-1.6.1.jar file is there with the Aspose.Cells.jar file. For example, when you download the version: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/file-format-components/aspose.cells/entry152824.aspx the zipped archive has this file. You simply unzip the file and you will have different folders / sub folders, please check the folder i.e.., "....\JDK 5.0\lib", it contains this file.

For getting license or obtaining the info related, please contact our Sales team: http://www.aspose.com/community/forums/aspose.purchase/220/showforum.aspx

Thank you.

Hi,

And if you do mean the license for dom4j-1.6.1.jar file as you said in your previous message i.e.., "where to get a License, is it necessary to purchase this one", well the dom4j file is free of cost and is attached to the main Aspose.Cells.jar file and it's a part of it. So, you don't need to pay for an extra license for this file.

Hope, you now understand.

Have a good day!

Thank you.