Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Aspose Cell jar didn't accept excel file with more than 4000 rows while creating workbook

I am using aspose 18.12 jar file
1.String FILE_NAME=“D:\AmazonService\sheet0.xlsx”;
2. com.aspose.cells.Workbook sortinWorkbook=new com.aspose.cells.Workbook(FILE_NAME);

“java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -32768” error throws in 2nd line while accepting excel file and creating workbook. here i attached excel file which throws an errorExcel Sheet.zip (407.4 KB)
. kindly respond and give solution as soon as possible.

@senthi11,

Thanks for the template file(s) and sample code.

After an initial test, I am able to observe the issue as you mentioned. I found an exception “java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -32768” when loading your XLSX file.
I have already logged a ticket with an id “CELLSJAVA-42799” for your issue.

We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know.

@senthi11,

Please check which tools are used to create this file, there are some invalid records as the following:

<xf applyFont=“true” borderId=“0” fillId=“0” fontId="-31948" numFmtId=“0” xfId=“0”>
<alignment horizontal=“right”/>
</xf>

We will ignore these records to fix this issue.

Can you please suggest how to remove those unwanted elements in my excel file. I can’t find where it is . Maybe those elements are hidden. Thank you in advance.

@senthi11,

Please spare us a little time (3-5 working days or so). Hopefully we will fix (as we told you that we will ignore such kind of invalid records) it and provide you the fixed version soon.

@senthi11,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v18.12.9 (attached)

Your issue should be fixed in it.

Let us know your feedback.
Aspose.Cells for Java_v18.12.9.zip (6.4 MB)

It works like a charm. Wonderful . Thank you for your time spent for me. :kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

@senthi11,

Good to know your issue is sorted out by the new fix/version. Feel free to contact us any time if you have further queries or issue, we will be happy to assist you soon.