Aspose.cells 2.5.3 setConvertNumericData problem

Hi,

I am using aspose.cells 2.5.3 for reading csv file. I tried setConvertNumericData(true) for reading numeric data. but it is just not working. It was working with 2.5.1.4 jar. Do i need to do any other settings for 2.5.3 for reading numeric data from csv file? I want to use only 2.5.3.

Hi,

Thanks for considering Aspose as your File Format Expert.

I can understand if you want to stick with version 2.5.3. But to really know if there is any problem in that version[2.5.3], you need to provide us your CSV file and source code.

Or you may simply give a try to our latest fix of Aspose.Cells JAVA v2.5.4.8[attached] and check if you can achieve your desired results with this latest JAR.

it was working fine in 2.5.1.4 then why it is not working in 2.5.3 (for same csv file). Please use any csv file to test. let me know any alternative way with 2.5.3 to do the same .

Hi,

If you could provide us your source code and source csv file, then we can investigate it quickly and log this issue immediately.

Hi,

Sample CSV data file is attached.

Sample file contains 3 numeric values out of which only last is read properly as double. Other values are coming as String and hence not giving actual values.

1. WorkBook workBook = new WorkBook();

workBook.open(filePath, ',', true, null); // true for setConvertNumericData

Tried below also:

2. workBook.open(filePath, FileFormatType.CSV);

workBook.getOpenOptions().setConvertNumericData(true);

Please suggest sample code to read all values and actual numeric values from CSV and tab delimited files.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thank you for providing us the sample file.
I have tested this scenario and found out that I am unable to produce desired results with latest fix version Aspose.Cells JAVA v2.5.4.8. So I have logged an issue in our Bug Tracking System under Ticket ID CELLSJAVA-2. We will soon look into this and let you know.

Problem exists with the latest jar attached in this post.

babar.raza:
Hi,

Thanks for considering Aspose as your File Format Expert.

I can understand if you want to stick with version 2.5.3. But to really know if there is any problem in that version[2.5.3], you need to provide us your CSV file and source code.

Or you may simply give a try to our latest fix of Aspose.Cells JAVA v2.5.4.8[attached] and check if you can achieve your desired results with this latest JAR.

Hi,

Yes, we can re-produce you said issue with latest fix version. That is why I have created an Issue in our system to rectify it.
We will keep you posted on this.
Thank you

Hi,

Thank you for checking the issue. The same issue exists for TAB delimited files.

I would like to know the process for using the fix for this issue(for CSV and TAB delimited files both) once done.

Can we use the same old license ( which we have for version 2.5.3)?

When can we expect this issue to get fix?

Thank you.

We are using licensed version of Aspose 2.5.3.

It is very urgent and important for us to fix this issue as this issue with Aspose jar is proving show stopper for end users our program.

We would highly appreciate if you can consider and fix this issue at highest priority and let us know the fix.

Thanks,

Vineet Arora

babar.raza:
Hi,

Yes, we can re-produce you said issue with latest fix version. That is why I have created an Issue in our system to rectify it.
We will keep you posted on this.
Thank you

Hi Vineet,

Regarding the License Validity, as you have mentioned you are using the license for v2.5.3. Hopefully you will be able to use the fix under the same license because it has not expired yet. You will be able to use all fix versions which release with in the validity period of your license.

Regarding the actual problem, as you have mentioned that you are facing same problem with Tab Delimited files. We have attached you comments to the Ticket associated with this thread. Also we have elevated the severity of the issue to “Show Stopper” as you have defined it. We will soon post you back with some updates.

Thank you for your patience.

Hi Vineet,

We have just released a fix version of Aspose.Cells JAVA v2.5.4.9. Please test your requirement with this latest JAR and let us know of your feedback.

Waiting for your test results. Thank you

Hi,

The above link to the new release is not working. Please download it from this link: Aspose.Cells for Java v2.5.4.9.