Aspose.Cells 20.9 Cells.InsertCutCells regression corrupting notes

Hello,

We’ve noticed a regression with Cells.InsertCutCells in Aspose 20.9. Specifically, if you cut+paste a cell with a note and the surrounding cells also have notes, some of the notes may end up corrupted. This does not occur in 20.8.

image.png (61.0 KB)

In this screenshot I’m cutting+pasting B1 to the right, and that corrupts the note in C1. Thankfully the values of the cells end up OK, this seems to only affect the notes. Excel detects the corruption when the result workbook is opened:

image.png (4.6 KB)

I have attached a minimal reproduction with a .NET Core console application. Please let me know if you need any additional help reproducing this issue.

Aspose20_9Repro.zip (50.5 KB)

@rwood,
This issue is reproduced and logged in our database for further investigation. You will be notified here once any update is ready for sharing.

This issue is logged as:
CELLSNETCORE-85 - Cells.InsertCutCells corrupts notes

1 Like

@rwood,

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue now. We will soon provide you the fixed version after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

1 Like

@rwood,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v20.9.8 (attached)
Aspose.Cells20.9.8 For .Net2_AuthenticodeSigned.Zip (5.4 MB)
Aspose.Cells20.9.8 For .Net4.0.Zip (5.4 MB)
Aspose.Cells20.9.8 For .NetStandard20.Zip (5.4 MB)
(please try .NET Standard fix).

Your issue should be fixed in it.

Let us know your feedback.

1 Like

Thank you for the very prompt response! I can confirm that this fixes my minimal reproduction. I will need a few more days to do more thorough integration tests with our main code base.

@rwood,

Good to know that your initial test is successful. Please take your time to evaluate the new fix, hopefully it will pass all your test cases.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNETCORE-85) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for .NET v20.10. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by Amjad_Sahi. You may also get the version @ Nuget repos. (NuGet Gallery | Aspose.Cells 20.10.0).