Aspose.cells 7.1.0.0 generated xls file crashing Excel

We are generating an Excel 1997-2003 version workbook using aspose.cell .Net version 7.1.0.0
A sample file is attached.

This file opens in Excel 2007 normally. But when we set the Data -> Filter property and then try to save the file in Excel… this file crashes Excel 2007 & 2010

Doing the same thing with Aspose.Cells version 4.8 works fine. Also if we generate the file without comments everything works fine.

So the only problem is when we generate an Excel 2003 xls file using version 7.1.0.0, with comments and add filters and save the file.

Can anyone help?

Hi,

Thanks for providing us the generated file by Aspose.Cells v7.1.0. We can notice the issue following your steps and opening your attached file into MS Excel 2007.

Could you try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v 7.1.1.1

If you still find the issue, we need your sample console application (you may simplify your application to make it small with some dummy data) with v 7.1.1.1, zip it and post it here to show the issue, we will check your issue soon.

Thank you.

I tested with 7.1.1.1 and it is still happening.
As I said in my orginal post… the issue is with the excel comment code in aspose.cells. This does not happen with 4.8 version.

Since the application where we are seeing the issue is rather large… I will try extract and write code which can reproduce this issue.

It will get back to you in a couple of days.

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

We have found the problem. We have logged this issue in our database. Development team will look into it and fix it. Once we have some update relating to it, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-40393

Hi,

Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.1.1.2

We tested and the fix is working.

You can close this issue.

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

It’s good to know your issue has been resolved. We have closed this ticket.

If you find any other problem, please feel free to post in our forums, we will help you asap.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-40393) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.