Aspose.Cells Compatibility

We are evaluating an upgrade of Aspose.Cells 3.7 to 4.4 to support the Excel 2007 format as well.

1) Do we need to upgrade the licence file as well – and, if so, to which price ?

2) I’ve understood that Aspose.Cells.Excel is to be replaced by Aspose.Cells.Workbook.
Are there other compatibility issues we should be aware of ?
(Our prior use of Aspose has been only to save files in Excel formats.)

This message was posted using Email2Forum by sheliah.

Hi,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

1). I think you have to upgrade to the latest Aspose.Cells. For confirmation, pricing and other information, please post a query @ Aspose.Purchase forum:

One of our Sales Representative will ans you soon.

2). The new Aspose.Cells is more reliable, stable and prosperous with enhanced and advanced functionality. I think there is not much labour involved upgrading to the newer Aspose.Cells. However, when you upgrade to the newer Aspose.Cells, Please note:

Some APIs (classes, struct, enumerations) are added based on some advanced features that we now offer, the previous classes (with their members) are retained and optimised but a few classes are renamed, some additional members (properties, methods etc.) are also included of the classes.

Following is the classes list which are renamed:

1. Excel class is replaced by Workbook class.

2. ExcelDesigner class is replaced by WorkbookDesigner class.

3. ExcelHelper class is replaced by CellsHelper class.

So you may change your code according. And for more info, please check the APIs: http://www.aspose.com/Products/Aspose.Cells/Api/ and Programmer's guide:

Hope this will help you.

Thank you.