We are evaluating an upgrade of Aspose.Cells 3.7 to 4.4 to support the Excel 2007 format as well.
1) Do we need to upgrade the licence file as well – and, if so, to which price ?
2) I’ve understood that Aspose.Cells.Excel is to be replaced by Aspose.Cells.Workbook.
Are there other compatibility issues we should be aware of ?
(Our prior use of Aspose has been only to save files in Excel formats.)
This message was posted using Email2Forum by sheliah.
1). I think you have to upgrade to the latest Aspose.Cells. For confirmation, pricing and other information, please post a query @ Aspose.Purchase forum:
One of our Sales Representative will ans you soon.
2). The new Aspose.Cells is more reliable, stable and prosperous with enhanced and advanced functionality. I think there is not much labour involved upgrading to the newer Aspose.Cells. However, when you upgrade to the newer Aspose.Cells, Please note:
Some APIs (classes, struct, enumerations) are added based on some advanced features that we now offer, the previous classes (with their members) are retained and optimised but a few classes are renamed, some additional members (properties, methods etc.) are also included of the classes.
Following is the classes list which are renamed:
1. Excel class is replaced by Workbook class.
2. ExcelDesigner class is replaced by WorkbookDesigner class.
3. ExcelHelper class is replaced by CellsHelper class.