ASPOSE.Cells for ASP

Hi Warren,

Please find my changes template file attached.

Regards

~DOSHIS

Hi Warren,

I am still waiting for the response from your side.

Please let me know any solution for this. Also, please take a note that mine is a completely ASP application and I can't use .Net components in this application.

Also, the Dll you provided is of no use to me, as I am not adding this dll as a reference as we do in ASP.Net applications since mine is an totally ASP application.

Kindly, help me on this.

Regards,

~DOSHIS

Hi,

I think as per the conversation session b/w you and me on Abs Live Chat, your solution is working now and the worksheet is filled with data etc. For your info, You may use .NET classes throught COM Interoperability. Actually when you install Aspose.Cells component on a system, the component is get registered for Asp clients for usage. If you want to utilize Warren's fix, you have register the component throught regasm.exe utility provided by .NET. For further reference, please check:

http://www.aspose.com/wiki/default.aspx/Aspose.Cells/AccessingComponentFromCOMClients.html

Thank you.

Hi Amjad,

The ABs live chat issue was not this issue. This issue is still open and so is the issue we discussed in Abs live chat.

I have opened a different Post for the same named ' ASPOSE.Cells in ASP'

I will be posting the details in that post related to my error.

As far as this is concerned, I am still not able to get color for my Excel sheet as desired.

And I had tried Warren's solution, but it is still not working.

Kindly help me on this.

Regards,

~DOSHIS.

Dear DOSHIS,

I checked your problem. Following are some of my ideas:

1. Warren misunderstood your need. He added a new feature to convert string to numeric values if possible. However, this fix won't change colors on headers.

2. SA change head colors automatically but Aspose.Cells won't do that. That's not an error of Aspose.Cells. It's just a feature definition.

3. We can provide C# code to show how to change header colors. Amjad, please post some sample code here. We can also provide some ASP code but we are not ASP experts so we can only provide code for general purpose.

4. Aspose.Cells is a pure .Net component. You can access it from asp application. But it's very tedious and difficult to debug your program with Aspose.Cells because of so many overload functions, enumerations, etc. So my suggestion is: for code dealing with Aspose.Cells, please make a class library with C# or VB.Net. Your asp application only calls APIs in your class library.

Dear DOSHIS,

After re-checking your issue with Warren, we found that this may cause your problem:

1. In your template file, there is a hide column M. You have set conditional formattings on headers which format cells with colors. This conditional formattings depends on column M.

2. We unhide column M and change the smark marker on M11. Please check the attached file.

3. Please use this template file and Warren's new fix. It will work fine for you.

4. To make sure you are using the latest version, please uninstall Aspose.Cells in your machine. Find and delete all Aspose.Cells.dll. Then copy the new fix to your machine and register it for use.

Dear Laurence,

To try your solution, i need to unregister the Previous Aspose.Cells.dll, but I am not able to that due to some rights problem on my server. But I have found an alternate solution that is I will uninstall Aspose.Cells from my server (old version) and install new version (Warren's version). But for this please let me know what is the version for Aspose.Cells that Wareen had provided.

Also after installing Aspose.Cells using its .Msi file, do I need to run "regasm Aspose.Cells.dll \ " ?

Please confirm on this. The file regasm.exe is corrupted on one of my servers.

Regards,

~DOSHIS.

Hi DOSHIS,

In you machine, after you uninstall Aspose.Cells, please check and delete all Aspose.Cells.dll. Warren only post a dll, no msi. So after you install old version, please copy the new dll to you machine and run regasm.

Right-click Aspose.Cells.dll you will see the version number, I think it should be 4.4.0.20.

Laurence,

I had copy and pasted the all the old Aspose.Cells.dll with the new Aspose.Cells.dll provided by Warren, but this does not help. I am still facing the current issue.

Can you let me know what can be other possible solution.

~DOSHIS

Hi,

Please see previous post of Laurence.

"2. We unhide column M and change the smark marker on M11. Please check the attached file." So please try the attached file by Laurence. Or please unhide column M, and change the smart marker of Cell M11. If the value of column M could be created ok, the problem of the color will be fixed. Because the styles of the cell are based on value of column M.

Hi Laurence,

I have tried all the possiblities that you all have suggested, but still i am not able to get the desired output for gettting color to my excel sheet.

Kindly, provide me with some other solution to this as this does not seem to work.

Regards,

~DOSHIS

Hi,

Please post your template xls file and created xls file. We will check it soon.

Hi Warren,

i was stuck up with the server issues. Please find attached the code file, template excel sheet and the created excel sheet.

Please do the need ful and let me know what else can be done to resolve this issue.

Regards,

~DOSHIS.

Hi,

In the created file , the column M is empty. We checked your code, you forget to set the data dource oRsBudget.o

In the created file, we find the number value is still not converted into number. Do you use the new version? Could you do a sample project as the following codes to test?

WorkbookDesigner designer = new WorkbookDesigner();
designer.Open(@"F:\FileTemp\budget_worksheet_template.xls");
designer.SetDataSource("oRsBudget.expcode", new string[] { "1", "2", "Variable 3" });
designer.SetDataSource("oRsBudget.o", new string[] { "1", "2", "4" }); designer.Process();

designer.Save(@"F:\FileTemp\dest.xls");

I attached the created file in my machine.

Hi Warren,

I have resolved my server issues and I have tried the following changes suggested by you in the full forum:

1. I have changed my smart markers and added "(numeric)" to them.

2. I have replaced the Aspose.Cells.dll (old) with the one that you had provided. And then run the command to register it. It was successfully registered.

3. Now I face the following error:

Server object error 'ASP 0177 : 80070002'

Server.CreateObject Failed

/ExcelWriter/rp_ReportMeetingPlanningStatus.asp, line 335

The error shows that we are not able to Create the server object for Aspose.

The line 335 in the file above is:

Set License = Server.CreateObject("Aspose.Cells.License")

This was working fine previously.

Please let me know what can be the possible solution now.

For this problem, I think it's caused by the dll is not registered correctly. Please try:

1. Uninstall Aspose.Cells from your machine.

2. Find and delete all Aspose.Cells.dll.

3. Copy the new dll to the machine.

4. Run regasm command to register the new dll.

Hi,

I have installed the ASPOSE for the first time.

I have also did regasm on Aspose.Words.dll but still getting the error

Server object error 'ASP 0177 : 80070002'

Server.CreateObject Failed

/Mani.asp, line 5

My code at line 5 : Set Doc = Server.CreateObject("Aspose.Words.Document")

Please help me

Thanks

Hi,

Since your query is related to Aspose.Words product, so kindly post your query to Aspose.Words forum (http://www.aspose.com/community/forums/aspose.words-product-family/75/showforum.aspx), they will help you soon.

thank you.