Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Aspose Cells for Jasper

When exporting a Jasper report to XLS using Aspose, is it possible to put Macros, excel formulas etc. in or is possible to use an existing file (containing macros, filters etc…) whitout erasing it ?

Anthony

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for your asking.

I will forward your query to relevant developers and update you once I will get an answer.

Thanks. I’ll wait for the answer.

<!–[if gte mso 10]> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}

<![endif]–><span style=“font-size: 10pt; font-family: “Tahoma”,“sans-serif”; color: black;”>Hi,

Currently your desired features are not supported. But if you want to export reports to a template file with
formula and macro, we can implement the feature in about 10 days. Could you confirm your requirements.

Thank you.

ok, interesting. I am making a prototype user Jasper reports and Aspose. We have almost validated all our use cases). I’ll tell this information to my Team Leader. We’ll discuss it in order to know if we really need this feature and go back to you if it’s the case

Cordialy,
Anthony S

Hi,

Is this feature possible now, or hasn’t been done yet?

Thanks,
Austyn

Hi,

Thanks for considering Aspose.Cells for JasperReports.

I think, this feature is not currently available.

However, could you please clarify and elaborate your requirements so that I could escalate this issue?

Please also download and try the latest: Aspose.Cells for JasperReports 1.1.1 and let us know your feedback.

Hi,

For macros and formulas, what we can support is to keep them from an existing template file. Before we support this feature, we need user’s confirmation for the possible solution. The procedure maybe:

1. Read in an existing template file(from local file path or embedded template file data in xml file of configuration)

2. Export data of report to existing sheet(maybe we can provide options for user to specify the sheet and start cell position to export data to). It is user’s responsibility to make sure that formulas in the sheet will not be replaced by the exported data.

3. Save the workbook as final report and macros in the template file will be kept in the resultant report too.

If this solution can fit your requirement, we may try to support it soon.

Hi,

Yes what you have described would be useful. The main case I have is to be able to add names and ranges to cells. That way if I copy the data into existing macros that use cell names the existing macros would continue to function.

It looks like you have that functionality, just not in the JasperReports version.

Austyn
atrace:
Hi,

Yes what you have described would be useful. The main case I have is to be able to add names and ranges to cells. That way if I copy the data into existing macros that use cell names the existing macros would continue to function.

It looks like you have that functionality, just not in the JasperReports version.

Austyn
Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for JasperReports.

We have logged your input and requirements in our database with the issue id: 40395.

We will look into your issue and implement them. Once, there is some update for you, we will let you know asap.

Thanks for your quick response. Should that link go somewhere? I get a 404 when I click on it.

Thanks,
Austyn

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.

No, you cannot access this link. This is private and internal link accessible to Aspose.Cells Support Developers only.

We keep track of your issue, comments, feedback, files etc with these logged issues and communicate with developers for any fix or update.

If you need to know any update/progress regarding this issue, you can request by posting on this thread.

We will view your issue and check its status/comments/progress in database and update you.