We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Aspose.Cells for java 8.6.3 can get stuck when converting from �XML Spreadsheet 2003� format to XLSX format

Dear Aspose support team,

I found that since the Aspose.Cells 8.6.3 update, some “XML Spreadsheet 2003” format files I have cannot be converted to xlsx using Aspose any more - the java process seems to get stuck and I have to kill it manually. The process seems to be stuck in an infinite loop of some sort and uses a full cpu continuously. With 8.6.2, the same file would be converted in a few seconds.

I join a sample file to this thread - I successfully converted it to xml quickly with Aspose 8.6.2 but not 8.6.3. I also join screenshots of Process Explorer showing the cpu usage, and a file containing jvm state dumps that I triggered while the process was running.

I converted using code like the following :

InputStream is = <get input stream of file in “XML Spreadsheet 2003” format>;
Workbook wb = new Workbook(is);
wb.save(outputFile, SaveFormat.XLSX);
Can you try to convert that file with Aspose 8.6.2 and 8.6.3 and confirm whether you can observe the same issue ?

Best regards,

Aspose.Cells User.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We were able to see this problem with the latest version 8.6.3 and it does not occur in the older version 8.6.2. Process gets stuck while loading and converting to xlsx file from xml.

We have logged this issue in our database for investigation. We will look into it and fix this issue. Once the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as

• CELLSJAVA-41661 - Process gets stuck while loading and converting to xlsx file from xml

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

It is to inform you that we have fixed your issue CELLSJAVA-41661 now. We will soon provide the fix after performing QA and including other enhancements and fixes.

Thank you very much for acting quickly on this issue ! I look forward to check the updated version soon.

Do you have an estimate about when the update could be released ?

Thanks and regards,

Aspose.Cells User.

Hi,

Well, we could publish the hotfix before the end of this week after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

Keep in touch.

Thank you.

Great, thank you very much. It would be great for me to have access to a hotfix-updated version as soon as it is available, as this issue prevents us from using 8.6.3 completely.

Thanks and regards,

Aspose.Cells User.

Hi,

We understand your concerns. As we have already fixed your issue, we will try to provide the fixed version within the next couple of days.

Keep in touch.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

Please download and try the latest fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v8.6.3.2 and let us know your feedback.

Thank you very much for providing the updated version quickly ! I will test it today with all our documents and report the results here.

Thanks and regards,

Aspose.Cells User.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

Hopefully
your issue will be fixed with this fix. Please feel free to test the
new fix and report your feedback. We will look into it and help you
asap.

Dear Aspose team,

I confirm that I managed to ran our full regression test of document conversions without running into the freezing issue anymore - I confirm the issue is fixed in Aspose 8.6.3.2.

Thank you again for your quick follow up and updates for each issue I report - major improvements have been achieved compared to the version when my company first started to use Aspose.Cells.

Best regards,

Aspose.Cells User.

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

Good to know that your regression tests are successful with the new fix/version. We always try our level best to figure out users’ issues. Also your reported issues/requirements consequently help us to make the product more stable and feature rich, so we are thankful to you and we appreciate your inputs in this regards.

Have a good day!

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-41661) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.